I'd like a "quake-like" hit point system

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
You know what I mean?

When you pick up the extra health/armor it slowly counts back down to 100. Might stop all the power-up control and help bring back some of the aggressiveness. If you only have it for a limited time you aren't going to run away and hide n' seek as much. Just my opinion. :D

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Would be interesting. But if it was forced I could see it getting unpopular with many.
Aggression is always good.... I just want something to stop people camping away.
btw, like ur new sig pic

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
One of the features of UT is that you could boost quite high, but the weapons would be strong enough to smack you down (full whack UT player w/ keg / belt / armour could just survive a full combo.

I'd rather see that.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
edhe said:
One of the features of UT is that you could boost quite high, but the weapons would be strong enough to smack you down (full whack UT player w/ keg / belt / armour could just survive a full combo.

I'd rather see that.

Yeah, I agree with that. And the fact they made the armour count down as well in Quake3.. :-/ blaaaaaarggh....

I still hate that.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Q3's health system is its own; I don't think I'd like it in UT. However, I would like to see freshly-spawned players with 125 health or so rather than 100 to get rid of excess spawn camping. Say you start out with 125 but the health system still acts like you have 100 as a base so health packs only bring you to 100. 125 health lets you survive a lightning and shock hit (115), though three shock hits will still take you out (135). Just a thought.

Xaero*nz

May 27, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
Q3's health system is its own; I don't think I'd like it in UT. However, I would like to see freshly-spawned players with 125 health or so rather than 100 to get rid of excess spawn camping. Say you start out with 125 but the health system still acts like you have 100 as a base so health packs only bring you to 100. 125 health lets you survive a lightning and shock hit (115), though three shock hits will still take you out (135). Just a thought.

thats an interesting idea... id like 2 see both these ideas as mutators... cmon how hard can they be to code epic? lol

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
BooGiTyBoY said:
You know what I mean?

When you pick up the extra health/armor it slowly counts back down to 100. Might stop all the power-up control and help bring back some of the aggressiveness. If you only have it for a limited time you aren't going to run away and hide n' seek as much. Just my opinion. :D

Yeah I agree, else max armor should be 100 instead of 150 and may be 150 for health rather than 199. What ruin duels in UT2004 or TDM, is the gay **** lame SuperShield. It's ever all about the one that get the SS that is almost sure to win and it make the fight suck a lot because you keep fighting at the SS area to be the one that get it since you are mostly going to die without it...

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Olga said:
I want them to bring health up to 200 and have armor stay the same. It has been an uneven 199 for so long that the game has remained broken for years. If they were to fix this it would completely bring the game to full fruition.

lol yeah true, why the hell can't it be 200 ? 199 just do gay, like if their UT engine would suck too much to have numbers higher than 199. We are no more in the 1980' years...

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Uh, quake did the spawned overhealth as well. You spawn with 125, and it ticks down to 100, as make shift spawn protection. Necessary, because rails did 100, and if you got spawn railed, then you had 22-24 health to get away with.

Quake had it nailed. You could still maintain a base total of 200hp, and achieve a total of 400hp, with both health and armor ticking down to the base. Double an opponents spawning health when armored was still enough to make a huge impact, especially if you were equipped. There is no weapon stay in quake, only the option to jack the spawn time of it way down so it was similar to weapon stay.

If UT doesn't go the tick down route eventually, then I would like to see it somewhat nerfed in the next installment. 50hp less on something would be nice, as well as rounding out the overhealth thing. Whether it be 150/150, or 100/200, I think 300hp would be great, unless they do jack weapon damages up to be more UT like... in the end it really depends on the weapons. With less hit-scan though, we may not need as much "protection." As it is it's possible to be quite formidable without any armor, less being start-buttoned.

I, though, prefer the current spawn protection we have. Invulnerability for 2 seconds or until you fire is fine by me.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Kriegs-Maschine said:
lol yeah true, why the hell can't it be 200 ? 199 just do gay, like if their UT engine would suck too much to have numbers higher than 199. We are no more in the 1980' years...

Your health percentage goes up to 200 in Unreal.
Probably some funny inside joke that it went up to "but" 199 in UT.............