1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I Was Right!!!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Wrathgar STEALTH, May 12, 2001.

1. Wrathgar STEALTH

Wrathgar STEALTH New Member

Last year I posted a thread stating how cool it would be to include the McMillan (I dont know the exact specs) .50 caliber sniper rifle. I also said that it can fire armor peircing explosive bullets. No one thought it could and heres the proof that it can...

Mk 211 MOD 0 AP-HEI "Raufoss"

Caliber: .50 BMG
    Projectile Mass: 43.48 g  (671 gr)
    Muzzle Velocity: 887.0 m/sec  (2910 fps), @ 23.8 m  (78 ft) from muzzle
    Muzzle Energy: 17,105.0 J  (12,616 ft.lbs), @ 23.8 m  (78 ft) from muzzle
    Compatible Weapons : Robar RC50
    Description: Developed by the Nordic Ammunition Company in Sweden, this cartridge replaces all incendiary rounds currently in service. Also known as the Multi-Purpose NM140, the round is capable of penetrating 11mm of armor at 1000m and will give approximately 20 effective fragments after hitting 2mm of Dural. It contains both incendiary and high explosive compositions plus a tungsten core for superior penetration and lethality. The ammunition is drop-safe from 15m height and is identified by a green tip.

That was taken straight from the INF armory

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Wonderful, now that we all know something we never heard of before - but wait, the Raufoss is in the ammo list..so I guess we already knew that.

Apart from that I remember a few posts about the McMillan/M82A1 being anti-tank rifles - which is obviously wrong, but I can't remember one, where everybody said that there is no APHEIT ammo for .50BMG rifles..

Snakeye :D

3. SuperDudeMan

SuperDudeMan New Member

I heard rumours of an F-16C going in the armory as well...

4. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

Errmmm

The Barret and McMillan .50 are Anit-VEHICLE weapons, as in Trucks, Cars, jeeps, lightly armored APCs and such.

And the SEALs use Explosive ammo in all their sniper rifles, but it doesn't explode if it hits flesh, only hard steel like objects and such.

5. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

If I'm not completely wrong all .50BMG sniper weapons are anti-material, which means you use them against anything valuable, like satelite dished, comm equippment, probably also against vehicles, but NOT against tanks.(APCs are not tanks, and I suppose you could get most APCs with .50 SLAPs and a Ma Deuce as well..)

True you can damage any tank with that, mostly important equipment on the tank, including sensors and similar, but you won't be able to destroy the vehicle, and even disableing it would be very hard IMO.

So it's anti-material; anti-vehicle isn't wrong, but it leaves out some targets these weapons are intended for..

6. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

The Barret is Anti-Vehicle :D

I didn't leave anything out Snkaeye, that's what it was made for, to take down trucks and such. Of course, It CAN be used against nearly anything, including tanks, though the creww might simply mistake it for a large fly..

7. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Well according to www.isayeret.com not:
    I really don't want to start another GL/cannon discussion, so if you find evidence that Barret intended this rifle to be anti-vehicle, just post the link.

8. Fen Phen

Fen Phen The Napper

Materiel

Not a spell flame, but it's spelled "materiel" (when referring to military equipment).

9. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Sorry, didn't know that; in German it's Material and since it sounds similar in English I thought it was spelled tha same..

10. Lolo Konijn

Lolo Konijn Huppel huppel

I like the McMillan m 88 sniper rifle (canon?)
    Is it more powerful then the robar? What are the differences between them. If there are enough differences I would like to see the m 88 too.

Is the robar actually in service? I know the m 88 is in use by the seals...

PS Is there a more powerful handcarried rifle then the m88?