1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I want to start moddelling

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Vers Vlees, Jun 17, 2003.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher [SAS Mod]

www.3Dbuzz.com

The tuts there are as good as it gets, and allthough they dont specifically deal with any of the things you mentioned, once youve done all of their tuts, it should be easy to adapt that knowledge onto your needs.

2. Cursed_Soul

Cursed_Soul Now known as Luos_83

ive done most of em months ago,
    its a nice site to start with, but i want more specific stuff.

3. deviun

deviun New Member

Get Maya, the UI in 3DS is extremly cumbersome compared to Maya. Maya is actually easier than 3DS just because its documented so extremly well and the UI is very refined. The only reason Maya would ever seem more complicated is because it gives you so much more control, but you never really see any of that until you get into higher-end rendering effects and dynamics, which for just UT2k3 modelling, you never will.

4. Cursed_Soul

first of all, even payed for maya?
    (well same goes for 3ds)
    2nd of all maya isnt easyer or better than max, but max isnt better than maya.

maya is superb when u can script/code your way trough it.
    a lot of the people here started learning max since 2k3 came out, and thats about enough becuse everything is quite low poly.

so a lot of us learned moddeling in max, some of us also learned how 2 make textures,
    and we had to learn how to use the new ued (and believe me, not a lot of people are using it the way it should be used)

if you really want to get the best out of maya, you have to code/script as well.

for just low poly moddeling max is just as good a choice as maya.

but thats about what you said.
    we are learning 3dsmax at school, and around next year maya will be added as well.

and maya should be easyer becouse its better documented?
    most people dont even bother reading stuff like that :)

5. C.Strife

C.Strife New Member

i guess i can help ya all out skinning..
    there's a tool called UTSKINMAKER..download it...
    if ya people can't find it.. i guess i can put it on a flppy from my old pc and send it to ya all from msn messenger :)

6. Cursed_Soul

i totally did not liked that program lol,

gues i didnt now how 2 work with it.

7. superkag

superkag New Member

Hey!!!

[UNREAL]
    [SARCASM]
    Someone should make a UT model maker.[/SARCASM]
    [/UNREAL]