1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

i want to make a FPS with Unreal Engine2

Discussion in 'Level Design, Skinning and Modelling' started by Black_Raven546, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Black_Raven546

Black_Raven546 New Member

id use 3 but it dosent play on low XD (and i dont think its open yet) and i can run 2 on FULL .
    ive noticed the Unreal 2 Engine is pretty lame it just has all the tools to start making stuff.
    so where would i start if i wanted to make a FPS game?

also i use 3d software so where can i find to to import my 3d stuff into unreal ED.
    (i use cinema 4D/ maya "prefer C4D plugins")

2. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Your best bet is to probably pick up a copy of Unreal Tournament 2004 and modify that.

Unreal Engine has better tools for 3DSMax, but it does have plugins for Maya.

3. Black_Raven546

Black_Raven546 New Member

heh ya i just got to thinking about that, is it still available in stores? and i think i might still have 3ds max wheres the plugins for it?

4. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

it is but if you get the anthology? You get all the glory that is UT save for ut3 ... :D

5. Danja

Danja New Member

I remember I was trying to find a copy of UT2004 like 4 years ago, and back then I had to call like 4 stores and when I found it it was the last one.

Now? Good luck.

6. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

Holy necro bump.

7. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

HOLY TESTICLE TUESDAYS! If thats the case the kid can always goto steam and buy now cheap as well eh Angel_Kiddo?

8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

D:

9. brunomartelli

brunomartelli New Member

use unreal runtime its free!

10. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

You aren't allowed to use the Unreal Engine 2 Runtime to develop games, free or otherwise. Secondly, Unreal Engine 2 Runtime doesn't have the appropriate code base to develop FPS easily. A lot of code that modders take for granted in UT2004 is missing.