1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I think this is brilliant enough for a complete new topic...period!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by /\l!eN[RIP], Jul 12, 2000.

1. /\l!eN[RIP]

/\l!eN[RIP] burp

quote (myself)
    hovering helicopter.....a hovering heli.....a heli that hovers.......A HOVERING HELICOPTER!!!!! MY GOD THAT WOULD BE F*CKING BRILLIANT!!!! PUT IT IN !!YES YES YES!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I can already see myself jumping out of it, taking position and assault the bad guys *drool* /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif. The heli should have moving blades(well ofcourse Timmie D otherwise it wouldn't hover all to well now would it) and the entire 'body' of the heli should swing a little to make the scene *very* realistic (dunno if it can be done like this...)
    PS please answer this post, cause I'm suddenly very awair of the coolness of this idea.
    Nice Da_master!!!!!

2. Supernova

Supernova New Member

1. Frame rate
    2. If you jump out of the heli you'll probably lose you head

- When people are at war they ask for GOD...well here I am -
    - This post may contain some mistakes -

3. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

could the blades be sprites?

If they're above the helicopter and the helicopter is above the map, there wouldn't be much of a chance that you could get chopped up.

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. MiscMan

MiscMan The Grand Elitist

umm, two maps already have heli's with blades(though they are animating textures). It would simply be the mappers incentive to put one in.

----

-MiscMan

[​IMG]

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.

-Isaac Bashevis Singer (1904-1991)

5. Curtz

Curtz New Member

there is a map that use a copter AS-highspeed, i beleive it comes as a default map w/ UT

mellenium hand and shrimp

6. profit

profit New Member

Helo movers

At the beginning of an assualt map (or new INF game type) it would be pretty sweet if you could start in a Halo, it flys in, hovers, you and your team jump out, and then after a few seconds, it flys off.

That would be amazing.

Can movers move off screen?
    Possible to have multiple player starts in such a small area an not have telefragging going on?
    Possible to have a player start on a mover?

7. CoffeyCan

CoffeyCan Real Maps Coordinator

AS-Panama has a nice helo in it, though you technically dont start out IN it, T. Ahlen did a nice job with that, its mainly an issue for the mapper.
    CC

RealMaps Site Co-Founder/Coordinator
    [​IMG]
    RealMaps Leads the Way