I need to stop collecting skins.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lavama

Jan 22, 2006
YES, another one.this is for Unreal Tournament.
could someone please put {BL} on the following Models/Skins:
1: Boss
2: Male Solder(Iron Gaurd and Marine, or Thunder Crash)
3: Skaarj
4: Nali
5: War Boss
6: Xan MKII
and could all that be wraped up in a skin pack?thanks!oh, and please on the Skaarj, do Dominater.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
That is very simple, you want to have the {BL} tags writen on all those following characters? You can make it so easily with Upaint. Way so easily.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
As kantham said this is really easy to do.
Open the Unreal Editor and browse for the skins. Open the tex and copy them all into a pack.
Afterwards write the tag (this can also be done with standart MS paint, but I suggest the usage of a better prog) on the desired skins.
Finally make an int-file (just copy the original ones and alter them a little bit) and you`re done.

It`s not difficult, you can make it. Of course I wish you good luck with your requ. :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavama

Jan 22, 2006
ill try.but i dont think it will work, kind of.ill try.how do i do it?

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
* Open \UnrealTournament\System\Uedit.exe
* Browse the textures (for instance soldiers are Soldierskins.utx and sgirlskins.utx) and export the desired ones.
* Make your changes to the textures
* Copy the original texture and rename it a similar way(for instance Soldierskins_YourPack.utx)
* Import your changed textures
* Copy the Soldierskins.int-file (in system folder) and name it the same way as above (Soldierskins_YourPack.int)
* Open it and take a quick look at this:
Object=(Name=SoldierSkins.blkt1,Class=Texture,Description="Marine")
Object=(Name=SoldierSkins.blkt4Malcom,Class=Texture,Description="Malcom")

So this is the part were the textures are loaded. Simply change all SoldierSkins.-parts to SoldierSkins_YourPack. and you should be fine (in case your textures are named the same way as original, else you also have to change the 2nd part)
Description="Marine" - Team Name
Description="Malcom" - Character Name

*Remember each model needs it`s own utx and int-file, just do it the way it`s original and you made it.

Hope I have nothing forgotten, but it should work fine this way ;)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'd ratter like to have a personal mutator for my website rather than having "nearly non-visible-unless-you-stand-next-to-the-corpse-looking-at-it" Clan tags. Or yet, a clan logo when you enter the game.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I suggest to download a custom skin for UT to see what files are used and how it was done. Or simply use the BL-Warmachines for further researching.