I need the easiest map ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Here is my situation: I run a server that runs a "Redeemer Arena Mod". This server has about 30,000 to 50,000 games hosted a year. You would not think there is strategy to this type of mod but you'd be very wrong. Camping counts here as does everything else. If you have never tried it and think you're good enough, I suggest you show up and see how fast you end up at the bottom of the score card! The location is listed under DeathMatch Servers and is named "Curious George's Redeemer Insanity"

That said, I'm looking to have a map made. My server cycles a few hundred maps BUT I have had a request to put back on a map I removed about a year ago. The map was nothing more than a giant wrectangle but it had a couple of columns in it. That alone ruined it for me.

I'm hopeful that someone here will make me a similar map following these specifications:

1. I want to be able to rename it to anything I want if it doesn't meet the requirments specified here-after. If you are smart enough for it to say that you made it, then that is what it will say when players hit F1 provided the name isn't vulgar in any way and is 13 characters or shorter.

2. Do the math! I need this map to have at least 16 respawn points. I need each respawn point to be at least 2 X the default redeemer blast radius away from each other and yet not too much further. I expect that the points would run run along the borders of the map BUT I need the respawn points to be far enough away from the walls to be safe from the radius of a redeemer detonation as well. (It's getting a little tricky huh?)

3. I need this map to be a square, (4 even length sides), with nothing in the square visually except the respawning players AND I need the sides of the square to be far enough away from respawn points that the blast radius from a default Redeemer detonation on the wall will be be too far away from the player to frag them. That needs to also be true as far as the dead center of the map goes. (Did that make sense?)

4. I need the height of this square map to be exactly 3X higher than the maximum height of a default total radius of a Redeemer detonation.

5. I need the walls to appear like a standard red brick ;ike on a house and the ground should be made of medium light colored wood planks or some light grayish stone pattern. The sky should look like the sky as in the default desktop of Windows 98 with the clouds and all of that. My point being that lighting should not be an issue at all of the contest will be under a open roof square dome of sorts during the day minus an obvious sun.

OK, That's all I can think of right now. Submit or ask questions to Hermskii at Hermskii@Hermskii. com . Thank you all!

That is it! This should be a short excercise yet challenging in the math aspect by just a little bit for an experienced mapper.

I will ask for changes after I see my errors in this request but until then, this is what I'm asking for. The mapper who gets it done first and per these specs wins!

Last edited:

IndySkyz

Don't F with me! Biatch
Nov 21, 2005
It doesn't look like you are going to have many takers on this one, I don't think the map you request is 1337 enough for most of the mappers here to bother making.

If nobody wants to try it for you PM me, I'm not above making a plain and simple map.

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
You could have made this your self really easily as what you were asking for was just a gigantic cube. No need for such a long post really. :)

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Uncle_Bob said:
You could have made this your self really easily as what you were asking for was just a gigantic cube. No need for such a long post really. :)

Why did you read it all of that? hehe
(joking)

Geez, take me a while to figure out all the distances, up there.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Easiest map ever? Substract a cube and add playerstart!

And a ten million meters high skaarj shooting fluorescent warheads with nalicow attached to them. Course the nalicow should be saying things like "I'm on YOUR team, idiot!".

Eyuva 'S' NRG

dont mess with the toilet monster
Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
Simple, add several redeemers...

Set the respawn time of the redeemers to 1 second. That way they respawn every 1 second instead of every 60 seconds.

To do this even better. If you want players to practically start with a redeemer every time, place the playerstarts right next to the redeemers.

There are many ways to do this type of thing, these are just a few simple comments on it.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
NeoNite said:
Course the nalicow should be saying things like "I'm on YOUR team, idiot!".

How about a tellitubbie:

Utubbie.gif

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hehe =) You know, I wish I could fight those teletubbies in Unreal Co-op.
Hmm.. make it an extra race, because I wouldn't want them to replace any of the other monsters...

Lruce

Transcending to another level
Jun 14, 2003
I had to double check the date of this post to make absolutely sure it wasn't April 1st

You are taking the piss right?