1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - General I need an advice

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Agreehireab, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Agreehireab

Agreehireab New Member

Hello!
    I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like forums.beyondunreal.com is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "Recruitment" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

2. Hourences

Hourences New Member

I think it would have been much better if you had posted it here:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=398

Most people here are into game development and modding.

I think you just need to stick to it, dont give up, and work hard for it and sooner or later it will pay off, and hopefully for you that's soon. Network around, make personal projects to proof your skill and grab publicity, stand out from the crowd.

3. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

What Hourences is quite true, craigslist itself saved my fanny out of the fire when the isp I worked for gave the lot of 50 people the boot. Serious, I wish you the best of luck. If I could have afforded it I'd have hired you to bring a a new site of my own I just aquired recently.