1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I miss the good old days...

Discussion in 'General and Off Topic' started by daloonie, Feb 19, 2016.

1. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

If anyone sees this I'm sure you were part of it too. Guess only the old farts from the "naughties" remember this. SkinCity. Where everything cool and awesome for UT2k4 was shared and viewed.

Sorry for the nostalgic post.

SaD and leilei like this.
  2. leilei

leilei ANIME ELF'S !!

All I can blame is the domino effect of all those big gaming networks closing and etc, regressing communities and brickwalling creative output. At least GSI had it coming :D:DD

but yeah it's a shame that new recent releases have been lame-ass repacks by do-nothings and the latest models being straight-up copyright infringement conversions.

The last time I showed off a WIP model (at Epicgames), a certain lamer derailed and requested nude versions and cluttered the thread with requests (it was a female elf), and the last time i've released a small wip beta of one with exceptions that it doesn't get mirrored (since I was making rapid progress and i don't want version fragmentation), it got mirrored anyway and I had 0 crits/feedback. I figured these were a good sign to stop

Also i've had a couple of death threats over refusing to release a WIP UT2004 model for Garry's Mod and Smash Brothers Brawl

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  3. evilgrins

evilgrins God of Fudge

4. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

On the other side it was a great ride with fantastic people for nearly 10 years . Everyone involved can be proud for being part of it .

leilei likes this.
  5. Al

Al Reaper

Still here.

[​IMG]

6. gopostal

gopostal Active Member

I still run an Unreal coop server and you guys are certainly welcome to stop by and explore the old maps. They ARE as good as you remember them.

Trigger warning: You will see assets from other games/engines. I like mixing it up some. Besides who doesn't love them a little Portal?

7. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Thanks mate. I might re-install sometime and give it a go. Unreal and UT were an era....

8. NeoNite

NeoNite Eternal sunshine

I think I got most of my skins/models from Skincity. Valuable resource.

9. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

I, too, remember the City of Skin.

10. gopostal

gopostal Active Member

11. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

LOL...I still have a lot of those skins and voice installed for UT and UT2004. Almost 16 years for me (original UT install date was 6-4-2000 on old system....yes, I remember the install date...).;)

12. NeoNite

NeoNite Eternal sunshine

Do you remember your first custom map?

13. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

Found some of my old work, with psd's. Damn good to have backup. :)

Might have to update some of that work, just for sh***s and giggles.

Attached Files: