1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I might be off to jail.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AlmostAlive, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Over here there's a difference between what the man on the street calls a "Totschl├Ąger" and a "Teleskopschlagstock" like the one Zundy posted. The former has a spring or is otherwise flexible and illegal, the later is legal (with some restrictions). Maybe that difference also exists in the country with the funny language. :D

2. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

Oh I'm sure there's a rule somewhere that acknowledges its existence.
    However ... most of the rules still end as : "not allowed to posess, sell, repair, transport, etc. " with the police confiscating your weapon as soon as they find it.

3. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Laws even more ****ed up than ours. Whow. :D :)

4. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

You are allowed to transport air-rifles, knives and bla bla bla as long as ammo is kept out of range, if needed at all, and the 'weapon' itself is in a hard to open case. Ducttaping an airrifle in a cartboard box would do it, for instance. I'm not too sure if you are allowed to carry such a thing though, but I'm pretty sure you are allowed to have that in the trunk of a car.

Also all knives up to a certain lenght are allowed as long as they aren't 'armed' the entire time (like survival or kitchen knives). All my 5 knives are allowed, because they are 1) short enough 2) can be folded 3) are sharp at only one side of the blade.

Really, I don't see how carrying a 'club' of 40 - 50cm is illegal. Espescially when it's only 15-20cm when concealed.

5. JaFO

pff ... just get yourself a hockeystick and tell friends you're going to practice ;)

6. sublime

sublime Cynic

Wow, not even knives? I carry one of my Benchmades everywhere since they're so damned handy. They're all foldable with various blade lengths and types. I'd feel naked without one to be honest.

7. JaFO

oh don't worry. Unlike the americans our police can't search anyone ('probable cause' doesn't exist afaik).
    The only exception are special events (like hooligan-fights *eh* soccer-matches) and sort of legalised razzia's (sp?) where they search everyone within a given area.

8. jaeg

jaeg PopeyeTurbo

Watch out for yourself in prison.

9. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Don't drop the soap. Or do.

You'll get raped in the arse either way.

Have fun. Sleep tight. Dream of me.

10. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

You haven't really read much of what's been said here, have you?

And so I bring you an update. Got an letter yesterday saying they won't be charging me with anything. And even if they were, I wouldn't be sent to prison. And even if I were, it would not be a prison withthat type of criminals. And even if they were, I know how to take care of myself.

But I'll dream of you anyway, loverboy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2005
  11. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

Happy to hear that Almost, I just read everything and damn, I would be quite proud of myself if I would have done the same thing. Good job !

12. Rostam

Hey Shrap, install INF again we can have fun (getting better community wise - the reason I left half a year back).

Alot of familiar faces over the past few weeks, yay.

13. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Yay!

14. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Many infers are seasonal.

15. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

Wow, I missed this! I am glad all turn out well. For the record, nice ass kicking!

16. -Freshmeat

-Freshmeat Eternally noob

Gratulations

-Freshmeat

17. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

Thanks guys.

Shrap, I don't feel proud of what I did. I always try my damndest to avoid getting into situations where it might come to punches, or worse. I've been pretty successful up until this incident. At first, just after, there was more anger than anything else, wishing I had broken a lot more than just a finger. Now I feel more sorry for everyone involved that it had to go down like it did. That being said, I won't hesitate if it gets to a point where it can't be avoided.

And once again, I really do appreciate the support. It makes everything easier when you know there are people who share your views and opinions, especially on a matter like this.

18. Rostam

Again, Almost, you handled the situation really well. I would have gotten it out of control assuming taking out the wanker with the screwdriver would be easy. With that I mean either running behind the guy that ran away or punching the guy in the stomach a couple of times and then go for the head instead of one blow to the head.

Then again, last time I got in a fight I punched once (that piece right under the ribs that is boneless) and then walked away. But that guy didn't try to rob me, that would probably piss me off (like it did to you). I do stupid things when angry, which is why I'm so glad I haven't been angry in a very long time. For someone being angry, you could not have done it any better. And except for Zen Masters or whatever, everybody would have gotten either scared or mad.

edit: what I mean is, that guy should be relatively happy he met you. I know quite alot of people that would kick him as he was down and then run away, for example.

19. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

I'm happy for your it turned out this way. Not injured in the event and no charges laid.

You really handled the situation well... I wish more people would be so rational in general. We would have less foolishness around for sure.

I would have been sad to see you charged with assault or anything like it (especially considering the situation).

20. 5eleven

5eleven I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain

Glad to hear everything worked out. Told you. :p