I made something in GMax!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
I'm sure it's not all that good. It only took me a couple of days, but I'm excited, and i'ma happy about it...now if i could just give him a head and hands...and figure out that UVW tutorial, I'll be set!

Anyway, I thought I'd show it to ya's.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
not bad :) but give it a bite more shape i would say, some more erm flow in the model, although you have too look at the polys offcourse, and some small details would be nice to but you prolly didnt lookt too that yet since its your first thing, but nice :)

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Thx, Yes it is flat, it bothers me, but I'll work with it. I found the polygon counter, and that model with a head is 570, aren't the UT models around 450-500?

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
UT = 600

UT uses around 600 for player models. Weapons are about 200 me thinks.
The new UW/U2 models spose to hit 6 thousand!, maybe we'll start seeing some lips and nipples???
Nice jod there Chysaor for a "first attempt".

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Re: UT = 600

Originally posted by Twrecks
UT uses around 600 for player models. Weapons are about 200 me thinks.
The new UW/U2 models spose to hit 6 thousand!, maybe we'll start seeing some lips and nipples???
Nice jod there Chysaor for a "first attempt".

Yes, i figure for a first attemp it's pretty good. 6000 is ludicrous. That's almost too much :) I'll have to try that out sometime soon. I need to start making some meshes and terrain for a new project that I'm working on. Of course that means I need the real 3dsmax :-/

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Originally posted by Chrysaor
... Why wouldn't you use 3dsmax instead?
because gmax was already installed so i started fooling around with it. i guess ill install 3dsmax tonight and redo the mountain (was easy to make anyway)

And gmax has great tutorials and i believe the two programs are similar enough if i learn gmax, it'll help me in 3dsmax as well.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by StoneViper

because gmax was already installed so i started fooling around with it. i guess ill install 3dsmax tonight and redo the mountain (was easy to make anyway)

And gmax has great tutorials and i believe the two programs are similar enough if i learn gmax, it'll help me in 3dsmax as well.
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN'T INSTALL 3DSMAX?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
how many knees? :D

well, it's a start I guess. Now delete it and start again (seriously) with something else

edge turning is your friend