I know it's not a skin, but still an awesome idea.. MGS radar??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kamunou Hyena

73h Furry F4gg07
Mar 13, 2005
Tampa, Florida
I know it's not a model, as I've said in the title but come on. It can't be too hard to pull off. It's not a bad idea too, it'll add a few tactics. Especially while fighting those stupid ass bots. Those who've played Metal Gear Solid before know what I'm talking about, but for those of you who are too stupid I MEAN UHH too unfortunate to have not played the game, I'll let you in on it.

Here's just a little sketch of the radar I made in like five minutes.

MGSradarbyKamu.GIF

Middle dot in the center portrays the player. The cone-shaped object is his field of vision.. the red dots portray the enemies, and the cones portray THEIR field of vision, I.E. what you would need to be inside of for them to see you. And when they DO see you, the color of their cone should switch to red. the color of the dots can also be used to signify the team the players are on. (four team support would be greatly appreciated..) The geometry of the level is shown by the green lines, (hopefully the terrain geometry will be excluded) and anything too far above or below the player's position is shown in dark green, and it gets darker and darker until it fades to nothing the further and further the player is from it. I.E. The two green squares beside the middle dot, connected by the dark green lines portrays a bridge above the player. Same goes for other player dots (and their FOV cones of course.)

Specs of the radar: It's square shaped. And it shouldn't rotate with the player (although an option for it would be nice). It's a dark, nearly black transluscent color, bordered by green lines, like the ones portraying the level geometry.

This shouldn't be too hard to pull off. Think about it, since you can already sort of view what I'm talking about in UEd. Not a bad idea I don't think. Plus, the graphical requirements aren't too heavy, seeing as it's based off of a radar system that was used on the freaking original PlayStation.