1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I just saw it, you know what im talking about....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FaT CaM, Nov 6, 2003.

1. FaT CaM

FaT CaM Not much...

Yes the Matrix Revolutions.

Let me start by saying all of you who were dissapointed or didnt enjoy that movie may dig themselves a grave and wait till I come around and bury you.

Every aspect, especially the zion battle was amazingly cool, and had me bouncing in my chair from surprise and awe, it was easy to figure out what was going on, since I watched reloaded a bit before tonight. Also varios threads in this forum helped clear up some things (but alot of it took a little bit of thinking).
    the coolest parts where when smith copied the oracle, and used er power to see what would happen. Also when the sentinels created a face shape and spoke to neo. The greatest was in the merovingians club, how even wiht about 10 people pointing guns at them, morpheus seraph and trinity still got what they wanted (and the merovingians new bithc was pretty hot, nto to mention well chested)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  2. DeDpoet|BuF

DeDpoet|BuF Only this, & nothing more...

i feel like there's a loss of story, and all the mysterious-riddle-crap being thrown around for profundity's sake. it has much less depth than the first movie.

otherwise, it's fun to watch all the action and effects.

3. FaT CaM

FaT CaM Not much...

because with the first movie the idea was original

4. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Matrix relovutions..hmm..

I agree with what dedpoet said. To be honest, it's even worse than reloaded.
    All special effects, they are amazing sure. But that's about it. The fight scenes are hectic, chaotic, bombastic, blown out of proportion whatever.
    Not really enjoyable.

I mean, come on. The invasion of the sentinels in the dock. What the hell? There was so much going on on the screen, it was almost impossible sometimes to keep track. So busy, so ... it's as if the warchowski brothers desperately tried to make a convincing battle between man and machine, but miserably failed. They did imho.
    It started out fine though, but simply degraded into boring and predictable :( such a shame.

What's with this silly idea of implementing a passage between eh the matrix and our/different worlds?
    A trainstation? :con: Amazing, such creativity.

Not to mention the ending. What a dissapointment. All along I was hoping for a special ending, not the typical "Let's give the mass the ending they want to see" (but I guess they had no choice?)
    Alas, what a crap ending.
    The guy comes in the temple, shouting (as if he's won the lottery, but only a measily 5 euro/dollars whatever)
    "THE WAR IS OVER WOOOW".

No it's not. There's a truce (?). What about the world outside? It's still dominated by the machines.
    What about the people in Zion? True freedom? They're still stuck down there, aren't they? And for how long?

-> True fans will have to wait for those questions to be answered in "The matrix four: ressurection". Or something along those lines.
    And maybe a fifth movie. :-/ fanboys will cheer.
    I won't. I've had it with the matrix movies. They've become empty, without a true in-depth, interesting storyline. Faceless acting, cold, pointless dialogues and so on. The action scenes weren't all that really. The only time my face cleared up was when Neo hit Smith (the slomo fist scene)
    That looked pretty cool :O) But that's about it.
    How I wish Revolutions had turned out to be on par with the first movie.
    But it didn't.

Note: This review is not a personal attack against anyone who has enjoyed watching this movie. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

5. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

i hope to see it this weekend looks action wise amazing and should be a good watch

/me leaves spoilers until later.

6. ^DaRk^AgentOrange|PuF

^DaRk^AgentOrange|PuF Banned

HA NEO!! I READ ALL OF YOUR POST!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

pwned.

7. spineblaZe

spineblaZe VFX Extraordinaire

I agree with Neo Night for 90% of it, well said :tup: I hated it more than I hated reloaded. And I hated Reloaded a lot.

I actually liked the movie until it stopped.

I was all like "YES YES YES oh this is SWEET!!!!" Then its over, and everything is left completely open.

The phrase "The choice is yours" is hammered into our brains over and over, especially in the 2nd and 3rd movie. Those bastard Wachowksi bros left it open ended on purpose. What a cop-out ending. Nothing was resolved. I wash my hands of this junk.

Can you tell I'm pissed? /me burns his copy of The Matrix.

8. NeoNite

That's ok tape, I knew you were going to read it ;-)

I can understand you're pissed Spineblaze.

9. PhrozeN

PhrozeN And Apple a day keeps the doctor away

The more movies about the same topic that are made the more the main story degrades it seems. Usually sequals to movies are crappy or people just don't like them as much as the original.

10. missPoopShoot

missPoopShoot voodoo rage

Went to see it yesterday at 2pm UK time. OK film, some intersting ideas not caried through and some very cheesy moments. Still, there were bits in that film that made my brain hurt there was so much going on. The defence of the dock scene :eek: OMG

Final fight scene (esp the super-slomo punch neo delivers on Smith.). :eek: OMG

Enjoyable but not as profound as it pretends to be.

11. LHABulldog6

LHABulldog6 Fall for that.

It's a 'wow' movie.

I thought it was just fun to watch. If you go in overly scrutinizing, you'll only see the flaws. I got what I expected, except for the fight scene in the entrance to the club, with people on the ceiling and whatnot. That sucked, and they're all pathetic shots. But I loved the real-world bits, like the Logos run, when it plowed through the bombs and burst out of the clouds into a blue sky. And the flight down the mechanical line was incredible. Say what you will about the Zion battle, I liked it.

12. Euphoric Beaver

Euphoric Beaver impeccably groomed

Utterly beautiful, the Zion Battle and final Smith fight were visually mouth dropping. Story culminated very nicely overall thoroughly entertaining which is what it was created to do.

13. spineblaZe

spineblaZe VFX Extraordinaire

14. NeoNite

Hm you might not want to read this if you haven't seen the movie yet. I'm not sure, just don't I guess.
    Don't read the above review too.

"It makes less sense and concludes with one of the biggest sell-out endings in ages. So much for belief."

Oh hell yes I agree! :tup:

15. EmptySpace

EmptySpace New Member

Please... explain to me why it's a sell-out ending. When two of the main characters die (well, Neo didn't seem to be dead, but if he's alive, it doesn't look like there is much he can do anymore), I don't really call that a "sell-out ending."

16. LHABulldog6

LHABulldog6 Fall for that.

You know, contrary to popular belief, being critical isn't the only way to seem intelligent.

17. Metakill

Metakill Inhumane

Bah! If you've made a religion out of it, then sure, it sucked royally.

On the other hand, if you accept it as a campy sci-fi war movie, then its jolly good fun.

18. Super Feen

Super Feen probably not a skrull

I may be just a ****ing idiot but could someone explain just what happened to make all the Smith's die? Smith copies himself onto Neo, the machines do something to Neo, every Smith goes pop?

Other than that little thing I can say I enjoyed it, APU's ****ing rock hard nuts and the Sentinels are spectacularly terrifying(sp?)

19. [IsP]KaRnAgE

[IsP]KaRnAgE You Can Be My Wingman

When Smith absorbs someone, he absorbs part of who/what they are it seems. When Neo let himself be absorbed, he was able to disable him from the inside.

20. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Dude...it was the same woman as the 2nd film.