1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I just got GT3!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EndlessInfinity, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Wikkan

Wikkan Dickhead Fulfilled!

I remember seeing something about tire wear on the endurance races of GT1...

-ACK! Instaposted! Snakeye, go to bed! Better yet, WIKKAN! Go to bed you dumb bastard!

2. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

I think tire wear is disabled on 'easy' setting or it's somewhere in the option-menu.

3. Infguy98

Infguy98 New Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. |ll|l|evilrob|l|ll|

|ll|l|evilrob|l|ll| kill ME i'm a n00b ;o)

they got a supra but it ain't an 89 ...

5. Draco-1

Draco-1 I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.

I have GT3 and the graphics are astounding. When watching replays I have to occasionallyr emind myself that it's not real. As for accuracy.. Well, I only have a '98 Trans Am to compare things to (Dynoed to 362hp), and I think the torque curves are a bit off for the high-displacement N/A cars. But that's been the same since GT1. I think the programmers spend too much time in high-revving econoboxes.

The tire wear is tough. However, I've learned to drive well on the super-slick tires. I can go 15 laps in a 1000+hp car before pitting. THis covers most of the races. The tough part is not getting discouraged with 2nd or 3rd place for the first half of the race since the other cars will be pitting.

Currently, my favorite car is the Pagani Zonda C12S and the Zonda Race Car. They handle superbly with a slight tendency towards controlled oversteer. This is just how I like a car. Additionally, they're normally aspirated cars, so they have broad torque bands that let you dip low in the RPMs on higher gears to get out of corners. THis is especially helpful since I don't use the TCS or AYC that seems to come with every car. The cars are faster without them if you can keep control.

Funny thing is, I've never been able to get the AWD cars to handle well. They always have too much understeer. It's the cars that people CAN'T drive that I've always excelled at: NSXs, Supras, etc..

Toughest course has to be the Monacco track. Gods that is a tight track. The tight tight hairpins are killer for me. Next time I race I think I'm going to loosed up my diff as much s possible to try and get around them.

The biggest complaint I do have is the oil change. While it needs changing, you lose about 150hp off a 1000hp car, and it seems that your pit crew doesn't know how to change your oil between races. This is a serious problem for the lengthy series races where you end up racing with a handicap for the majority of the series.

6. CrappyChan

CrappyChan Come on snow!

yeah just turn the Center Differanal thingy to 10% and it drives like a FR car

7. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

track-o-the-day: Grand Valley Speedway!
    car-o-the-day: Castrol Mugen NSX!

I don't know how many of you played time-attack mode until now, but today I beat that mode with the two aboves AT THE FIRST TRY!!!
    The track with the Castrol Tom's Supra took me 2 tries.

But as soon as the cars are not race modified I usually have a hard time, I guess when I have Complex String in the RGT done I'll get myself a Whisky(don't drink Champagne..).

BTW:
    FR or MR cars behave quite well in GT3, though I tend to keep TCS on 1 and ACM on 0 - just gives you better acceleration at the start of the race.

Draco: Which are the super-slick tyres? Super-hard or super-soft. On the super-hard ones I also can go 15 laps with ease, though it depends rather on the weight of the car, not on the power.

Don't have the Zonda Race Car yet, and normal(not race) cars just don't behave too good IMO, so my cute little fav is the Mazda 787b(690HP std, about 800kg - I've never seen a turbo car with that much power in low revs; and no 5-gear car that's as fast on 300kph - hell most 6-gears don't achieve this..).
    Apart from that I like the Impreza Rallye Car(for Rallye Racing of course..) and the Denso Sard Supra, and the Castrol Mugen NSX. The Impreza LM Race Car is nice too, though it has two drawbacks - weight of 1150kgs and it's a 2000 model, not a '99..

Snakeye :D