1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I hope Howard Dean doesn't get the Democratic nomination

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Clayeth, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Clayeth

Clayeth Classic

I don't want to vote for Bush, but I don't know how much better this guy would be. In the most rediculous and overblown story of the week, he played a major part, calling for ESPN to fire Rush Limbaugh because he said Donovan McNabb was overrated and that everyone wants to see black quarterbacks succeed. I expected an overreaction from Sharpton, that's how he has made his money all his life... that and being a drug dealer.

2. Assymilator

Assymilator No idea what to put here.

That's why, if I could vote, I'd vote for Clark.

3. Clayeth

Clayeth Classic

I really haven't heard that much about what Clark wants to do as president. But him or Kerry look look like decent candidates.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  4. ZenPirate

ZenPirate Living Legend (and moderator)

I think we may see Clark picked up as a vice president, if he doesn't get the nomination. Personally, I would vote for him.

5. Nickelass

Nickelass In the Flesh?

Dean looks like an ******* to me. but i cant vote anyway so all i can do is sit back and watch.

6. Assymilator

Assymilator No idea what to put here.

Yeah, Clark did enter pretty late. I still would rather see him than Dean.

7. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

I can't vote in the primarys but I turn 18 just in time for the big one, I only hope Clark wins the nomination so i can vote for him in the fall

8. Doc_EDo

Doc_EDo LEFT

Clark isnt even a real Democrat, but only just pretending to be.
    Just get Bush out of office. Dean cant be worse that him.

9. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

Yeah really that whole ESPN thing was totally overblown. It's just stupid little cheapshots at eachother again. The only thing more stupid than the battle between the left and right politicians is the battle between the left and right media.

10. bobtheking

bobtheking Monkey in a bucket

I personally think its extremely important to have someone with a (real, bush deserted) military background. then they would understand what war is all about, and not impose it needlessly on random countries with oil. not to mention someone WITHOUT connections to any major corporation.

11. DeDpoet|BuF

DeDpoet|BuF Only this, & nothing more...

the stupid thing is that the jist of Rush's opinion was the speculation that there is racism on the part of the media (pertaining to favoritism & exposure due to a person's color and not his skill - since his career is not all that special for all the media attention he's getting). But people took it the wrong way and are branding him as racist/bigot.

/me smacks head

i'm tired of all this racism crap. let's all paint ourselves forest green and we'll be all set.

12. Kangus

Kangus Zombie on your pwn!

/me cheers Clark on....

I really gotta register as a Democrat so I can vote in the primaries....

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  13. Metakill

Metakill Inhumane

I personally hate the fallacious distortions Rush Limbaugh spews, but even I have to admit that they're making a mountain out of a molehill. Although I don't think the media has any favoritism towards any minorities; it's just a matter of appealing to a fan base. Nevertheless, Rush should know he's going to be persecuted just like Jimmy the Greek was. Why should he be allowed freedom of speech under private media when nobody else is?

My biggest gripe with Clarke is that he's not really a Democrat, but if I had to pick a Republican, I'd choose him or McCain. Anybody's better than Bush. Hell, Bob Dole would be better than bush.

14. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

it was a large part this mentality about gore that got bush elected in the first place, not making the same mistake again

15. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

At this point I would vote for any democrat, as long as George Bush isn't president, I would be happy.

16. Sam_The_Man

Sam_The_Man I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism

If he knows how horrible war is, why did he stick around in the army long enough to rise to General?

I know he was against the war, by the way.

17. hermpes

hermpes I KEEP BABEHZ IN MAH HAT!

Personally, I don't see the appeal of Clarke. He's been a Democrat for what, 2 weeks? I'm not sure which Democratic candidate I would like to get the nomination. If I had to choose, I'd say anyone but Lieberman. He's not a Democrat either.

18. Metakill

Metakill Inhumane

When did the Democratic party become the New Republican party anyway? Was it back when the Republican party became the Closet Nazi party?

19. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

Be careful what you wish for, tool. Many more people voted against Clinton/Gore than voted for Dole/Bush II.

The Limbaugh controversy is ludicrous.

See also: This article