1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I have all the code needed for an RTS mod For UT

Discussion in 'Programming' started by barnEbiss, Feb 26, 2002.

1. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

I have recently been given the code I needed for my RTS mod for UT it consists of an entire selection system just like you can select units in C&C and by moving the mouse to the side of the screen it scrolls the screen in that direction

The player spawns in a commander like mode “can not be seen by any player” and can build units and select them
    But I still need help with working out a movement system to make the unit move to were one clicks
    If any one is interested plz contact me

2. namu

namu Bleh.

As easy as bread: spawn a NavigationPoint where the mouse clicks, and set it to be the destination of your bots.

3. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

I don’t think a NavigationPoint is quite what I am looking for what I really need to know is what is the thing called that is spawned when one tells a selected bot to “hold this position” in the orders menu ?

4. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

That object is called HoldSpot and is spawned automatically when the bot receives the 'Hold' command through SetOrders().
    Code:
    	if ( Orders == 'Hold' )
    	{
    		Aggressiveness += 1;
    		if ( !bNoAck )
    			OrderObject = OrderGiver.Spawn(class'HoldSpot');
    	}

5. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

Thanks for the info I will now get to work and see if I can get it to work
    Also here is a pic of the unit selection system once I get the movement system work out I can focus on getting in custom models for the units that one can build

6. ma2Wolf

ma2Wolf all round stupid imbecile

WOW!

how the hell did you do that?!?!?
    it looks f*****g cool!!!

don't answer that it's a...how do you put it...retorical question:)

7. akn81

akn81 New Member

Wow that is waaay cool- do you have a homepage describing this RTS mod in detail?

8. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

There going to be two versions once I get the movement system worked out on first one I
    Can then use the stuff done in the first one on my second mod

The two mod are “infiltration Command” and the second one is “USkaarj”
    And I have a cool new feature that I edited from the code that was sent to me I call
    It “SAT View” it places ones view above the map like one is looking down from a satellite

And that picture was an edit one there is a lot more cool stuff that was taken out of the picture like the little satellite model and all the other EYE candy ;)

I am afraid I can’t tell you how I did the selection system that is classified and the code is only available to the people who are working on the team.

But I am looking for more coders to work on the mods movement system the code is all there it just needs put all together

My home page is http://infiltrationcommand.com/ I have not yet updated it with all the new info on the new selection code and the info on the other mod

Here is the info on the mod the picture is from

USkaarj

Based on the 7 Day siege “earths darkest moment” mentioned in UT

Skaarj UNITS

Brute Build Costs “light attack” first unit you can build
    Gasbag Build Costs 300 flying unit “heavy attack”
    Krall Build Costs 76 “medium attack”
    Mercenary Build Costs 500 “heavy attack”
    Pupae Build Costs 40 spawn in pairs of two “light attack”
    Skaarj
    Tentacle Build Costs 200 light attack “stationary sentry unit”

The Skaarj have only a few buildings and there main one is a power generator and unit portal all in one.
    To spawn unit for the Skaarj you need to get Tyridium crystals to power the portal generator the more power you have for the generator the bigger the units you can summon

Humans
    New Earth Government “NEG”

Liandri Miner. “Armed with an impact hammer for breaking off Tyridium Crystals” Build cost 60 “light attack” No range attack

NEG Trooper light Machine Gun Build cost 100 “light attack”
    NEG Trooper Heavy Machine Gun Build cost 150 “medium attack”
    NEG RL “Rocked launcher” Trooper Build cost 300 “heavy attack” watch out for the blast radius

Resources
    Tyridium Crystals

Tyridium Crystals were first discovered on the Nali planet but were later found in great quantity in drifting deep space asteroids the Liandri Mining Corporation working from captured Skaarj weapons and ships found how to draw power from the Tyridium Crystals and its worth skyrocketed, soon mining colonies sprung up around the Tyridium rich asteroids belts and Liandri began making even more money then they had before.
    But since the mining of the crystals took some time with out all the right tools and since most mining colonies were run by small time businesses that would then sell the Tyridium to Liandri to be shipped back to earth Liandri decided to start shipping the giant
    Asteroids back to earth were they could quickly and efficiently be mined with out going thru the middle companies with in six year Liandri had shipped 4 giant Asteroids back to earth and were mining them and an other two asteroids were being shipped back to earth as well.
    All would have gone ok but then the Skaarj Fleet arrived they were quick in utilizing the asteroids as weapons destroying the ships that were safely tugging the large rocks back to earth and speeding up there speed and realigning them, earth was now not only dealing with a large Alien fleet but with two large rocks on a direct collision curse
    Panic swept the earth and all hell broke lose but as quickly as it came it went people now had a motivation to fight and to stop the Skaarj.
    Earth only fleet that had been caught of guard at first now went into gear every space worthy ship was called into service with in the first 8 days earths fleet was able,
    To destroy the first asteroid and reduce the secant one into a much smaller one but at heavy loses and made a retreat from the ever-advancing Skaarj Fleet and limped back to earth for reapers and rearming but by the time that most repairs had been made the Skaarj fleet had arrived bringing with it the showers of rocks that began to rain down on the earth like flames falling from the sky across the earth soon tyridium crystals littered the earth surface as the war above raged.
    And so began the 7 Day siege

USkaarj
    Standard C&C build destroy

Possible game play modes For USkaarj

Mode like dungeon keeper in which one player takes control of the Skarrj and populates the map with Skarrj and their Equipment and depending on what you have built different
    Types of Skarrj will spawn but make sure you don’t run out of Tyridium Crystals that is used to make the mineral rich food that all Skarrj like or they will start leaving

The Humans player goal is to destroy you Skarrj spawner

9. 2COOL4-U

2COOL4-U New Member

Looks G R E A T, really.

10. barnEbiss

barnEbiss Member

Here is a full list of the entire units that one can build right now

Skaarj
    Stone Titan
    Warlord
    Mercenary
    Krall
    Gasbag
    Fly
    Brute

One can spawn and place them were ever one wants and select them but you cant tell them were to move but the code is all there for it. it just needs implemented
    So if any of you guy are interested in joining a really cool mod just contact me ;)

11. TURY

TURY SAS Lead Coder

great job so far.