I hated this game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Get over it :), I didn't even find the 2k Shock feel like the Classic let alone the anchient ASMD. The 2k one is faster, smaller combo in comparison with the UT one IMO.

And the Classic Eightball has been drasticly changed for 2k, I mean, no grenades? No more 6 rockets?

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
The game looked hot from what I've seen in vids. I'm not going to buy a console just to try this out though. ;)

I'm saving my money for xbox360.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
***COUGH*** EMUlat0r***COUGH**

Works with XBConnect too.

But onto the subject: I liked the ASMD shock rifle the best. I hated the "evolution" of the shock rifles throughout the releases of the Unreal games...They make it worse every time. I want my classic shock balls!

Same with the rockets. 6 was the best. I want my sex-rocket set launcher back!

(If you're stupid, I meant sex as "six", ....it's a pun)

KillStreak

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
if you cant figure out if it was mad or made you should be punched in the face.

Last edited:

KillStreak

and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
im fine i just hate it when people point out spelling errors and what not, post counts are for losers.

Klasnic_E

Inevitable
Oct 13, 2005
umm don't they have forum rules neil? you cram it, people are tired of your attitude on all thhe forums you go, you desecrate every forums with your attitude, i've seen it on every forum your on. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
Klasnic_E said:
umm don't they have forum rules neil? you cram it, people are tired of your attitude on all thhe forums you go, you desecrate every forums with your attitude, i've seen it on every forum your on. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
Agreed. this attitude is like if I'd tell my teacher to piss of when she tells me I did something wrong.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
umm don't they have forum rules neil? you cram it, people are tired of your attitude on all thhe forums you go, you desecrate every forums with your attitude, i've seen it on every forum your on.

How do you know which forums I surf? I'm never like this on CollegeBoard or dBpowerAMP or AVG or UnrealPlayground or even the Omega forums. That asks for a ban because they don't accept mature conversations.

And second, you can't really be Prisoner of the Ram, can you? Didn't he have an account here on BeyondUnreal a while ago?

Third, I stand by my prior opinion. A noob shouldn't increase his postcount by accusing someone of a spelling error.

Last edited:

KillStreak

and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
Id have to say this is the only forum where ive actually respected the opinions of others. So lets all kiss and make up.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
So you two are saying that I should've ignored a noob obviously doing the following things:

1. Wasting BU's webspace
2. Wasting thread space; clutter
3. Pissing off the non-newbies

>.>

Thankfully, at our school, a colleague and I have just come about to finish the "Guide to shift from Newbie-ism to Forum Professionalism". I'll post it up later..Hopefully it'll be a use to internet users.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Funny enough, you are all doing all three of those things now. Congrats.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Give me an explanation of how I am?

1. I'm not wasting the webspace. I'm writing beneficial stuff that can help a newbie become a not-newb. Granted, it might be a little ticking off, but hey, life hurts, doesn't it? The fastest way to learn things is when you have them shoved up right in front of your face (or up your ass, however you think of it)
2. This thread has seriously gone off topic, so yes, you do have a point. I accept your wisdom there.
3. I'm not pissing off the non-newbies. If I am, sorry. What I'm trying to do is to put an emo-punch into a newb so he can learn the ways of an Internet forum.

Klasnic_E

Inevitable
Oct 13, 2005
Everybodys a noob once neil you've experienced it twice, now this is what i'm gonna say and i'm off this thread:
1. i'm not prisoner of the ram, he did not create this avatar, this is uriel.
2. i do recall on PT quote from neilthecellist: Thanks i feel like a noob all over again. End of Quote, if Xaboras forum was still up i'd show you the proof.
3. i've seen your attitude on atari and PT's new forum, you guys have a whole entire Fight Thread.
now thats all i'm gonna say, but you need to stop bashing noobs, that doesn't make them feel welcome to any forums.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
So...umm, how about that UC2? You know, this thread's topic. Trying to agree or disagree if you hate the game or not?

Noobs in a game that's not as popular as Halo for example are fine, with your help they're cookie dough asses will be made out of wood! Then you get more players you'll enjoy fragging :) So let them play with that lock-on. From what people say it's better to play without it after becoming a better player.

But I don't see what's to hate about the game. It's not a Tournament game; it's a variation of Unreal. People shouldn't expect their same good old shock rifle or insanely powerful 6 barrel rocket launcher*. This is an Unreal game, however, and those games are always arcade-speed shooters with great graphics. The speed of this game is fast, you just need to jump attack and pull off adrenaline moves as much as you can for speed. And this game has more z-action potential than any other Unreal game. The moves you can pull off with each character lift you off the air 90% of the time. Don't like that? The game does have mods. Use them.

What's to hate? Depends on your taste. If you prefer everything to be the same as it was 6 years ago then stick to Unreal, or just find a mod for UT2004 with an eightball and an ASMD. If you don't like the console version, then play Tournament games, not Championship games. If you don't like the cut-scenes, skip them. If you think the game is too slow, play it on a faster speed setting. If you think the game is too fast, what the hell are you doing playing an Unreal game?

*the rocket launcher in UC2 technically does fire 6 rockets. You can split them after firing three loaded rockets.

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
O well, maybe the next unreal game will have a 12 bareled rocketlauncher for the real rocketwhores. :p

Flakcannon+Udamage+Vampire is the crazy stuff!

Last edited:

KillStreak

and all I got was
a pink username!
Sep 11, 2005
somewhere
I hate the whole "_______(insert weapon here) Whore" usage in games like Unreal because with just about any weapon you can make them dead meat as long as you know what your doing, but in games like Halo 2 and Halo i dosent matter how good you are because if you have a needler and your opponent has a rocket launcher your ass is grass.

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
You might hate it, but it doesn't change the fact that some people are better with certain weapons. I'd be a rocketwhore even though I prefer the Flak in UC2.

As for Halo, yeah, the Rocketlauncher does pwn a bit too much, you could consider it the Redeemer. The other weapons in Halo I find rather balanced.