1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I hated this game

Discussion in 'Games' started by KillStreak, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

it's "for noobs" in the respect that you can just pick up and be decent at the game. When lock on is not on, the noobs don't stand a chance.

2. ShredPrince

ShredPrince New Member

Thank you Sir Brizz!!!!!!!

Thats exactly what I mean.

It makes the melle approachable.

You summed it up bro...thanx.

3. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

Wall jumping forever!

Melee is fine, but it would be a shame to let all those rockets go to waste and just slash someone.

It's been a while for me and I haven't gone on Live with this one, but I do know that lock-ons can be broken just by doing Jump Attack to safety. The thing I love about this game wasn't that I could lock on to someone however. It was the fact that the game became more focused on acrobatics. I love a game where they put you in the air more than on the ground and you're still able to kill things.

wrong
    wrong
    wrong

4. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

What the he|| is wrong with you people? UC2 might be slower than UT2k4 if you're a noob.

But let's face it, you p4wnz3rs out there. UC2 is VERY much faster than UT2k4, especially when you use adrenaline every 30 seconds and jump off walls and do 1/4 jumps across a level. The only time you could ever be slow is when you're running. And simply running = noobism.

I mean, I never get killed if I have rockets. Just fire from the other side of the level. Don't get too close. And don't just melee. Reflect your opponent's attacks and you are the winner. Always.

5. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

You forgot UC2 :D
    If you don't think UC2 has depth, but UT2k4 does, something wrong with the way you play :)
    ________
    Glass Weed Pipe

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  6. ShredPrince

ShredPrince New Member

Please rmember each is entitled to his/her own opinion.Although it's a fact the lock-ons themselves are for the noobs.

7. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

8. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Lock on sucks. Just get a bigger TV. I either play on a 51" Widescreen HDTV or on my brother's 17 " LCD. And yes, the XBOX video adapters are AWESOME.

9. rajput_warrior

rajput_warrior The World's Favorite Flak Monkey

personally i loved uc2 more then 2k4. the game is now slow, if you think it's slow there is something wrong with you. Whe you are playing a small map and you got rockets flying everywhere you tell me how its slow, everyone is jumping all over the place like they would in 2k4. In my opinion the game takes more getting used to then the unreal tournament series because of the the melée element in the game. But i agree with the xbl tactics, people will quit without the lockon turned on.

Also, the lock on is a great part of the game, i use it, and it doesn't mean you are a noob if you do. Like for instance, Malcolm, the character i use like crazy, one of his adrenaline combos depends on it (homing). And for melée it is great too. With or without lock-on, Melée takes a lot of skill, from dodging, to blocking and then with timing your hits.

10. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

After a while, when you master the game and play against professionals, the game isn't very slow, but it's still not as fast as UT2k4 was. They should make that change in the next game.

11. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Sorry for being OT, but watch that postcount, Neilthecellist. ;)

12. ShredPrince

ShredPrince New Member

Nobbiness of the lock-ons prooven.

Some dude said that Malcoms homing relys heavily on lock-ons.Your an idiot, and I am sorry for saying that, but have you ever used homing W/o the lock-on engaged???? Or used it in a no-lock on game??Obviously not, cause if you had you'd clearly see that homing is far more effective WITH NO LOCK engaged, wheter your playing w/o lock-ons or not.

13. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

I thought UC2 having depth was a given. Even with lock-ons.

14. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

I must note, I didn't mean you personally.
    ________
    Rebbecca live

15. soyrico

soyrico New Member

have you ever pulled off a coup de grace,a head shot,reflected a killing blow 3 times every 5 seconds,or climed a chimney?

didn't think so.

also i'm still a noob(a huge one:lol: ) without xbox live and i did 7 tournament ladders,finished ascension rites,do the above every game,got a flawless victory about 50 times in ctf(i told everyone else to defend),pulled of a multiple coup de grace,got a 84 fph in survivor in 1 minute,and kicked selkets ass badly in the finals all in 2-5 weeks on 2 hours or less a day

(sorry about this long post i go off topic some times(waaaaaaaaaay off).) is going this far off topic good for a 10 year old(11 soon)with a tiny case of adhd and intensely weak asthma healthy)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  16. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

LOVE coup de grace. It's AWESOME. Especially on a high difficulty or pawning a noob online.

17. Turret 49

Turret 49 Doomer at heart

It leaves you a sitting duck while trying to implement, though :/

18. KillStreak

KillStreak I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Yes actually i have done all of those things...... Im no nub to the game just because i dont like it.

19. XepptizZ

XepptizZ What are you lookin at...

I'm in no mood to read it all up so hear it goes.

I'm an all-round UT lover (except 2k3 and UC) and I feel more for the old UT nostalgia.

About the speed, UC2 can be very fast if ya stop playing like a noob and start using adrenalin and fancy moves, like it was intended.
    The normal walkingpace might be a bit slower, but not by much in comparison with 2k4. Mind taht 2k4 might feel extremly fast just due to the vehicles. And I ain't afraid to bet taht the Old UT is much faster.

Halo is indeed a very slow game, but it's still very fun, just has less to do with agility. And I agree taht 3d concole games can't be too fast anyways.

About the weapons, they do feel weakened, the explosive ones taht is. Do mind that each character specific does pkay a role in this. As I just now have pulled off 3 flakkills, one shot kills, yes, even against the heavy classed.
    But indeed most weapons do feel weaker, on teh other hand it does feel more classic UT coz of the higher splashdamage and hit radiuses (2k4 seems to have precised and confined things more or I just stink at it :p)

And the Lock-on stuff. I never play with it anymore actually, it really sucks when you're up against multiple opponents at a time. I do understand the n00b lock-and-Fly aggrivation, but I like to fly through a nali taht way and still I sometimes miss. Having taht said there's enough to counter those flighters.
    Either use a shield in melee mode or dodge or in weaponmode, make sure you see him first, if so there's a good chance he'll land dead before you're knees (Jumps take a lot of time to do). And if they're to close to pick of with the shockrifle you can just switch to melee and slash the hell out of him.

And for a final note, tah Shockrifle is the absolute bomb! It's super cool and has really good attacks, making the weakened pulsebeam a secondary firyng choice.

O0 and about the animations, I liked them all even though they resembled eachother a bit to much.

And one of the coolest details I find is when you're Devastation or taht other android and you're screen than starts breaking down when you're hit once too often.
    I find the warrior view or whatever it is called when everything tunrs B*W and the enemys red a waste of adrenaline.

20. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Shock Rifle has been modified so much that it doesn't even feel like a shock rifle anymore...Feels like a ...um.....sticky balls gun?