I had a strange experience at the bar last Friday

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BobTheBeheader

Aug 31, 2005
Warshington State
It's taken me a while to turn this experience into written form, but here it is.

Last Friday night, a few friends and I decided to go hit up a bar called "The Mix," a gay-friendly place downtown. No, I am not gay. It's just a very nice, friendly bar that has fun karaoke on Friday nights, and people buy you drinks (if you're a guy)

So, the four of us are sitting at a booth drinking beers and having a semi-private conversation. I'd gotten a Mack&Jacks African Amber Ale, which is a personal favorite. We're talking about politics and having a pretty good time.

Then, a guy scoots in next to me, and sits about three feet away. He looked homeless. He had straight gray hair down to his neck and a very stubbly face. I didn't think much of it at the time, and our conversation continued interrupted. After awhile, he got up and walked off.

Then, he came back. Did I mention that he looked totally drunk? This time, he schooched in next to me, right up close, in my personal space. My bubble was totally broken. He looks at me, sticks out his hand, and says, "Hi, I'm Mick!"

I replied, using all the caution used when in an encounter with a very strange drunk man whoose intents and personality is unknown. "Hi, I'm Gib, nice to meet you."

Then begins a discussion so bizarre that my brain has thrown most of the memories out in order to retain it's own sanity. I have not been able to remember more then a few bits and pieces. And I wasn't drunk or anything.

He kept wanting to do toasts with us, and kept saluting the bartender, who, apparently, is on a level with Jesus. He kept constantly re-introducing himself to the girl sitting on the other side of me. "And what's your name, young lady?" "My name's Miranda" "Oh, well heck, I have a daughter named Melissa"... a few minutes later, "And what's your name, young lady?" "My name's Miranda" "Oh, well heck, I have a daughter named Melissa." Repeat that exact dialogue about 3 or 4 more times and you begin to get the picture.

As chance would have it, it was karaoke night, and Miranda asked Mick, "Are you going to do karaoke tonight?" "What?" he replied. "I asked, are you going to sing a song?". "YEAH, MARIJUANA AND COCAINE!!!" He looked extremely excited and enthusiastic.

Later, he was back to doing toasts and shaking my hand. Apparently I am God's gift to the universe. Then the strangest thing of all happens. I thought he was going to shake my hand for the 100th time, but no. This time, he takes my hand in his, and kisses it. The sort of kiss to the hand one gives someone gives their future wife after she's just put on the engagement ring. He then leaned forward and whispered, for my ears alone, with his hands cupped around his mouth, "Winter is coming, and when it comes, you gotta learn to relax. You just gotta learn to relax, man."

To this day, I'm not sure quite what this means. He got up and left soon after that.

Nobody knows exactly who Mick was, or where he came from. Nobody knows where he's going, or what exactly he was going at a gay-friendly bar in Tacoma, Washington. I got up, walked to the bar, and ordered another drink.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
:buzzkill:

...you ran into a stoned junkie in a bar.

Wow, you must be so unique.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I've had some good ones too. Had one last night in fact, while waiting for a band to start (Otto's Daughter - they've got a great stage presence, so if you get a chance to see em', do it). Girl kept trying to piss off the bartender just so she could get pulled over the bar for some reason.. That was seriously her goal. Thankfully, she was unsuccessful.

At least the place had cognac.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
There are a lot of people out there with mental iillnesses than your average citizen would like to think. And many of them are homeless vagrants and/or drug addicts.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Oh, and on a quick note: there is no "bubble space" in a bar, especially a gay one. I know this. ;)

(...speaking of which, I haven't been to the usual one I go to in a while...)

But yeah, I don't think this really means very much, you probably just encountered a drunk, high, or both, guy at the bar. Maybe he fancied you, but I dunno, more likely it was just that he was under the influence. And I guess if you were all nervous or tense around him, he may possibly have just meant as he said, you need to relax. :p

Last edited:

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Maybe he had a premonition of your death. You're going to die in winter, via a fall from a height. Survival requires you to remain relax whilst this occurs.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
I wish I was there. I probably could have told you exactly what drugs he was doing, and then bought some off him :p.

Actually, it sounds like he was just drinking. Most drugs that mess with your head enough to make you say (or even think) weird **** like that are hallucinogens, and people don't generally talk on hallucinogens, unless they're having a bad trip and running through the woods screaming about how the Easter Bunny is going to slaughter them and use their blood to paint his demonic eggs.

It sounds alot like he's actually genuinely crazy, and just had enough to drink to make him more talkative. Probably severe bipolar or something equally nasty.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Later, he was back to doing toasts and shaking my hand. Apparently I am God's gift to the universe. Then the strangest thing of all happens. I thought he was going to shake my hand for the 100th time, but no. This time, he takes my hand in his, and kisses it. The sort of kiss to the hand one gives someone gives their future wife after she's just put on the engagement ring. He then leaned forward and whispered, for my ears alone, with his hands cupped around his mouth, "Winter is coming, and when it comes, you gotta learn to relax. You just gotta learn to relax, man."

To this day, I'm not sure quite what this means. He got up and left soon after that.
You are the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and when winter comes you will be crucified.