human characters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keith

Apr 15, 2005
ok, so I'm going to try to make this easy. I need human characters, static meshes or I think the term is pawns...I'm not sure. This is just for fire fighters in the classroom to make decisions about stategies and tactics in emergency conditions at an aircraft accident. The characters don't have to move, only stand by an open aircraft door so that when you arrive on scene you have to make decisions about where to position apparatus and where to place extinguishing agent at the accident. I have the airport built already. Can someone help with getting me the info on where to get some humans dressed somewhat normal and not decked out for combat...heh heh. I'm not a programming genius just a fireguy who likes to build UT2004 maps and mixes my fire instructing skills with the hobby I love. I'm not sure but I think the most easy way is to open my static mesh browser and select a human static mesh and insert it, but how to get there is a small mountain for me.

muji

Mar 5, 2006
You need to create a character in Maya or 3D studio Max, so he looks like a fireman. Import his mesh and animations into unrealEd, but NOT as a static mesh, or he will just look like a plastic dummy. Then Im not 100% about the next step, but I *think* you need to add an xPawn to your level, and go into his properties and give him the skeletal mesh of your character

BUT, creating a character, with animations and textures is an almighty job for a first-timer

Hope this helps...