1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HuGE INF Porblem!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Domino, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

So like this hacker like took over my PC and like n\/ked my cpu and made inf not works o I thouht Id jsut a$k you guys for help cuz I dono much bout puters.

my puter settins
    Pentim 32 meguhartz
    32 megubytse RaM
    Voodo Banshee

caN you guys likee triy to help me cuz me l33t INF skills r rustin up and my m0m said I couldn't use tha phone cuz my dad runs a busness froum our 14.4 modam and says i hafta geta friggin' job so I cna pay for the AOL 6.0.

adn plz no respond 1n l0ng posts cuz I cant d/led em real faster adn it frezez my puters so I haf to keep tha ice on the CPU so it dont melt cuz my dad ovarclooked it to 32 megahurtz and it go real fast vooom vooom. oH yea, 4ll y0\/r 6@53 duderss.

:D

2. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

I don't think thats funny, becase I see that every day @ work :hmm:

3. CrappyChan

CrappyChan Come on snow!

lol i got UT to work on my old 75mhz comp, but crash the comp instantly, and never got past the first 2 secs of the opening movie

4. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

dude, I could not get UNREAL to pay on a 133 with 32 megs of ram back in 1998 or 1997 :p

5. CrappyChan

CrappyChan Come on snow!

all it did was precashe for like 15 mins then played 2 secs of the opening music then froze, i had to unplug the comp to get it to work again, lol.

I forgot i put a 150 mhz proccesser upgrade on it. Back when i used to use Bluelight (Kmarts free ISP) to play StarCraft...

6. Domino

7. Aeris

Aeris K.O.S (Determination)

Ha!

Yo i must admit I actuly found Domino's post funny!! It made me crease! Funny **** man, there aint much humor in these forums, most desprate peeps cryin cauz UT wont work! I wanna see more!!!

8. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

Aeris, bitch'n portrait!!

9. Domino

Well, you asked for it:

s0 like then the h@ckers like took over mY modem adn sturted sendan me prOno:eek: so my m0m says "B1lly geT tha f\/ck off da dam pUter s0n 'fo I kick jo a$$!!"

s() like can ya hellp mee :) LOL roflamo cuz I neeed soem serois helpp Phutc@t.... laterz G-d@wg

10. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

oh god...

I think I had a techsupport call like that!! :rolleyes:

11. Aeris

Aeris K.O.S (Determination)

Ha!

Yo Phatcat thanks dawg! Domino bro yous gotta spead tha **** all over these forums, these peoples could with a laught!

12. harmfuldata

harmfuldata {GD}Losus

No offence Domino, but thats very sad computer :( . Oh, and a 32 megahertz pentium, MAN, I never knew those things existed :rolleyes: , I've heard of 386's and 486's, but THAT!

13. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

I had a 33mhz Mac :D

14. harmfuldata

harmfuldata {GD}Losus

LOL, NOW THATS SAD. :)
    Domino, why are you plaing inf on a computer like that, lol, ummmmmmm, or is that the only computer you have??????? :/

15. DENSRAW

DENSRAW Grammaton Cleric

Phatcat I've got you beat! My old Mac was 20mhz!

16. ragingsamster

ragingsamster oldfartis nongratis

K, lets up the ante a bit....

xt 8Mhz (coulda been 4.77) 5.25 FDD, 10MB RLL (or was it MFM) HD mono graphics (what graphics) cant even remember how much RAM it had, I think 256K but I'm not sure It was under 640.

Remember you had to get a utility to park the HDD heads or else they'd ruin the platter, I think it was called "Q-Park" and if the Drive wouldn't spin up there was a bar on the outside of the HDD that you could hold in to block an optic sensor that said the heads were "parked".

Lets not talk about the neighbors Timex Sinclair that I begged my dad to get me (he didn't). It hooked up to a cassette tape recorder as storage.

I believe the first pentiums were 60 MHZ

Last edited: Aug 27, 2001
  17. Kibbles-N-Bits

Kibbles-N-Bits New Member

I soooo have you beat. I have a... I dunno WTF it is... it stores data by punching holes in a paper tape, then blowing air through them to ready it... don't ask. It's from the early 70's I think. :p

(and if you DO know what I'm talking about, maybe you should go on a geratol binge or something)

18. ragingsamster

I've seen 'em and worked on 'em Data General made one called remarkably enough a "Paper Tape Reader" don't remember the model number, this machine is where that "unrippable" paper came from. I've also worked on a DEC PDP8I most 11/ series Data general Eclipse series (Novas too) HP1000s, etc. I still do this day keep a Data General 6061 Disk in my office (190MB ten platters, about twenty pounds, fits int a 6061 drive thats about as big as a washing machine - only weighs about 600 pounds, I used to align the heads as part of the system P.M.

By the way that creaking is my rocking chair - you mind passing me my shawl, theres a nip in the air tonight and my rheumatism is acting up. :D

19. Nexus6

Nexus6 More human than human

When I was younger, we didn't have none of these fancy pewters. We just had to use our fingers and our toes to count! And if you had to count to 21, you took off your pants!:mad:

20. ragingsamster

were ya still a little short?

BWAAAAhahahahahahah I kill me nyuknyuknyuk