How to recognize a bot user?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke_D

as bad as i wanna be...
Aug 13, 2004
london, uk
Well, can someone share some 'grey matter' on this dark matter?? Is there a sure way of telling?

Since i spend my nights on xmp (if my wife's not in a mood), call it my need to know who is messing my play...... :mad:

cheers....

Mopap

Rsegetried Uesr
Go spec, togglebehindview to get "in eyes" of the player u suspect. An aimbot looks much like ud imagine, the crosshairs won't be on anything in particular then just suddenly snap to a target. If uc one it will be obvious. If it wasn't an aimbot, then it was a drunken master!

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
Mopap said:
Go spec, togglebehindview to get "in eyes" of the player u suspect. An aimbot looks much like ud imagine, the crosshairs won't be on anything in particular then just suddenly snap to a target. If uc one it will be obvious. If it wasn't an aimbot, then it was a drunken master!

Unfortunately an on/off bind can eliminate most of the snap to effect.
Anyone with any sense can use a bot and for the most part go undetected.
In XMP there are other more valuble hacks or vulnerabilities (exploits) I should say
that can be implemented than that of an aimbot.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
It's understandable that some people are skeptical, but there are really people that are just that good; they miss and they die; I even killed some of the better, if not some of the best, players before; they're human. Sometimes their aim is a little too damn good for words, but I feel confident that if I had higher specs and a bit of practice, I could do the same.

Identifying an Aimbot User: If the suspect can shove the barrel of a sniper rifle 5 ft. up his ass, fire across the entire map through a couple buildings and trees and nail a headshot, then start pointing fingers.

~Stone

Mar 6, 2004
Here is another cheating question maybe?

I hear that you can use a Nostromo speedpad n52 for xmp, would you consider it cheating? i wanna hook it up since i hear you can use it for xmp but when i tried months ago (in my nostromo speedpad n52 thread) i couldnt get it working, i'm sure there are a few players who have speedpads.

Hade

Crowd Pleaser
Jan 23, 2004
[pet]sparrow said:
Aimbots are virtually non-existant in XMP.

Ever heard about the case of Subvertio?

Anyway to the question: An aimbotter hits EVERY shot even if the target is miles away and the aimbotter is using lets say the assault rifle. Actually aimbotter is very easy to detect because of that. :p

Oh and if you wanna see an aimbot in action just watch the XMPTV episode 25. You can find it here: http://www.file-nexus.com/main2.2.php?parent=379

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
I think most accusations of aimbotting are made when someone has a good day (it happens - mostly bad days tho lol :()... And wallhackers are people with surround sound speakers obviously :D

Status
Not open for further replies.