1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How to make a cylindrical tube in Maya PLE

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Shadow_TAT, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Shadow_TAT

Shadow_TAT Exit Light, Enter Night

i am currently working on a map with my brother and he wanted me to make him a big tube..... i just cant figure out how to make a cylindrical tube [not torus tube] tube in MAYA PLE...
    HEEELLLLPPP me!!!!

2. Dimz

Dimz New Member

i can make one in 3ds max for you and email it . could use the dimensions , and any other effects you want on it .

sorry i dont know maya and cant help there .

3. Hourences

Hourences New Member

so you want a hollow cylinder, a true pipe

make a normal non hollow cylinder, give it 1 tesselation at the top, you can set that number in the same place where you set size and radius
    then push f11 i believe, select the inner circle top polygones and go to Edit polygones menu on top and choose extrude
    now move the thing down until the selected extruding polygones reach the bottom, then push delete
    select the bottom inner ring of polys, delete too
    and connect the vertices from the 2 parts

4. Shadow_TAT

Shadow_TAT Exit Light, Enter Night

hey guys thx for the info.. but i wanted to know if unrela ed can generate lofted sm's and can i use Nurbs????????? or how about revolved sm's