How to: Increasde FOV remove mouth smoothing. Edit encrypted ini files.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
What's saddest to me is that they encrypted these ini files but didn't put any options in to tweak these settings so people wouldn't have to decrypt things to tweak FOV, etc.

Like seriously PCF? You didn't watch the amount of grief Gearbox got for lackluster option settings in Borderlands?

I swear this industry does not communicate amongst itself at all.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
WHY the hell they would put enemy properties in INI files? Do those work like bots?

Anyway I don't get the advantage by changing FOV. It looks all stretched and ugly with a value of 120. But I would want to play this with a mouse & keyboard, X360 joypad doesn't do it for this game.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You gotta be kidding... This is just unbelievable.

I'm honest here, I'm surprised we still have people on BUF who can openly admit sometimes, things goes just unacceptable. Especially long time supporters.

Anyway, if anyone is curious, I tried the PC version, it doesn't add up anything else but a direct port of the actual game on consoles. Everything is encrypted in the game, mostly using GFWL.

Buy the game on consoles, unless you just can't aim with anything else but a mouse and keyboard.

That's Epic for you. It's clearly: PC = Exigent, less monies. So why bother, right?
If you want a Developer that still support their PC fanbase with extra's these days, give Crytek, Valve and Blizzard a go.

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Buy the game on consoles, unless you just can't aim with anything else but a mouse and keyboard.

This applies to me. Seriously, I can't possibly see myself performing boatloads of skillshots using just the thumbsticks. I don't know how people can be so accurate with those damn things.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I'm honest here, I'm surprised we still have people on BUF who can openly admit sometimes, things goes just unacceptable. Especially long time supporters.

Anyway, if anyone is curious, I tried the PC version, it doesn't add up anything else but a direct port of the actual game on consoles. Everything is encrypted in the game, mostly using GFWL.

My purchase decision might go from "wait for demo" to "wait for patch". Not sure yet. Which is unfortunate as this is something I'd probably enjoy, but if I have to jump through sizable hoops because the developer was lazy as hell then I'm sorry but no twinky/$$$ for them.

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
EpicvsPC.jpg

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
lol @ anyone who takes Mark "triple-A studio jerk" Rein, seriously anymore.

He's a salesman, he'll try and convince anyone that what he touches and see is the best thing ever.

q_mi_4_3

Target pratice for others....
Jan 14, 2002
Somewhere in this world
You gotta be kidding... This is just unbelievable.
I told people Epic doesn't know how to do proper PC games anymore, way back before. But the saddest thing is that there will still be so call "PC gamers" defending them and their actions, just read the comments on Ars.

Oh and btw, People Can Fly is not incorruptible.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well, this is probably PCFs fault, really. Just sad that it could get like this, this is an Epic branded game, for pete's sake...

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
So PCF decided to encrypt the files (because they were always not PC friendly :sarcasm: ) and Epic said OK, why not, go on. I really doubt that considering how Epic treats their PC fans in the last years.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
So PCF decided to encrypt the files (because they were always not PC friendly :sarcasm: ) and Epic said OK, why not, go on. I really doubt that considering how Epic treats their PC fans in the last years.

your first mistake was assuming Epic was even paying attention to the PC release.

Second of all, I'm not sure you read what you typed.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2006
85 degree FOV? Seriously. Do game developers not have peripheral vision or something?

lol @ anyone who takes Mark "triple-A studio jerk" Rein, seriously anymore.

He's a salesman, he'll try and convince anyone that what he touches and see is the best thing ever.

113039.strip.sunday_thumb%5B1%5D.gif