1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How to: Increasde FOV remove mouth smoothing. Edit encrypted ini files.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cr4zyB4st4rd, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Cr4zyB4st4rd

Cr4zyB4st4rd I make awesome ©

2. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

I really love mouth smoothing, it gives me that extra bit of pucker needed to woo the ladies.

3. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

What's saddest to me is that they encrypted these ini files but didn't put any options in to tweak these settings so people wouldn't have to decrypt things to tweak FOV, etc.

Like seriously PCF? You didn't watch the amount of grief Gearbox got for lackluster option settings in Borderlands?

I swear this industry does not communicate amongst itself at all.

4. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

WHY the hell they would put enemy properties in INI files? Do those work like bots?

Anyway I don't get the advantage by changing FOV. It looks all stretched and ugly with a value of 120. But I would want to play this with a mouse & keyboard, X360 joypad doesn't do it for this game.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  5. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

Well, that's just going from one extreme to the other; 120 is generally considered a huge FOV.
    Try 90 - 100

6. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

You gotta be kidding... This is just unbelievable.

7. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I'm honest here, I'm surprised we still have people on BUF who can openly admit sometimes, things goes just unacceptable. Especially long time supporters.

Anyway, if anyone is curious, I tried the PC version, it doesn't add up anything else but a direct port of the actual game on consoles. Everything is encrypted in the game, mostly using GFWL.

Buy the game on consoles, unless you just can't aim with anything else but a mouse and keyboard.

That's Epic for you. It's clearly: PC = Exigent, less monies. So why bother, right?
    If you want a Developer that still support their PC fanbase with extra's these days, give Crytek, Valve and Blizzard a go.

8. KillerSkaarj

KillerSkaarj Art for swans is dope!

This applies to me. Seriously, I can't possibly see myself performing boatloads of skillshots using just the thumbsticks. I don't know how people can be so accurate with those damn things.

9. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

My purchase decision might go from "wait for demo" to "wait for patch". Not sure yet. Which is unfortunate as this is something I'd probably enjoy, but if I have to jump through sizable hoops because the developer was lazy as hell then I'm sorry but no twinky/$$$ for them.

10. aCRaSSiCauDa

aCRaSSiCauDa ...

11. ravenus

ravenus The Heretic

From Mark Rein LINK:
    :rolleyes:

12. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

lol @ anyone who takes Mark "triple-A studio jerk" Rein, seriously anymore.

He's a salesman, he'll try and convince anyone that what he touches and see is the best thing ever.

13. q_mi_4_3

q_mi_4_3 Target pratice for others....

I told people Epic doesn't know how to do proper PC games anymore, way back before. But the saddest thing is that there will still be so call "PC gamers" defending them and their actions, just read the comments on Ars.

Oh and btw, People Can Fly is not incorruptible.

14. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Well, this is probably PCFs fault, really. Just sad that it could get like this, this is an Epic branded game, for pete's sake...

15. DarkEmperor

DarkEmperor Buried By The Dead

So PCF decided to encrypt the files (because they were always not PC friendly :sarcasm: ) and Epic said OK, why not, go on. I really doubt that considering how Epic treats their PC fans in the last years.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  16. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

your first mistake was assuming Epic was even paying attention to the PC release.

Second of all, I'm not sure you read what you typed.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  17. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

85 degree FOV? Seriously. Do game developers not have peripheral vision or something?

[​IMG]

18. elmuerte

elmuerte Master of Science

Not really. PC is cheaper per SKU because you don't have to hand over a large percentage to the console owner. Also, you don't need to buy expensive development consoles.