1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How to force models ?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by CBA, Nov 20, 2004.

1. CBA

CBA Proud ::VeC:: Member

Is there a way i can force to a certain model in UT2004 when there is no UTCOMP on the server ?
    Played on a fragbu server this evening, but i'm not used to play this way :)
    Maybe 3-4 games i played like this ...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  2. I_LoveToKill

I_LoveToKill Danish Bastard!

Settings you need to enter:

User.ini

[XGame.xPawn]
    PlacedCharacterName=Gorge
    PlacedFemaleCharacterName=Rylisa

ut2004.ini

[UnrealGame.DeathMatch]
    bForceDefaultCharacter=True

The characters that can be forced are:

Gorge
    Sapphire
    Malcolm
    Mokara
    Rapier
    Brutalis
    Roc
    Rylisa

You have to use the skins you force, or it will not work.

3. gades

gades The Grudge Master!

Dunno why, but the ONLY model I've been able to force is Gorge.

4. The Warden

The Warden this is usually where youll find me

5. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

Search tool is overrated, and underused.

I force Axon/Enigma, but only when there are one to many people using Matrix, when the DM server I'm on doesn't have team colors enabled.

If team colors help you, you can also enable this...

[UnrealGame.DeathMatch]
    bColoredDMSkins=True

It isn't totally client side, the server has to have it enabled, but if the server has it enabled, then it becomes a client side option, and you have to have it on, to see the colored dm skins.

6. CBA

Thanks guy's, gonna try this out soon :)

7. CBA

Ok, this was my problem, i wasn't using any of those skins ... now it works :)

8. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Please, no more gorge, it's the only thing i see for hours at a stretch already :(

9. 1337

1337 1337

[XGame.xPawn]
    PlacedCharacterName=Matrix
    hahahaha :D

10. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

Ehm...May I ask what you're laughing about? People force Gorge because he's supposed to be the most visible character. You're just forcing the model that is the hardest to see of them all... :confused:
    Or trying to force...as Matrix isn't on the list of forceable characters

11. 1337

1337 1337

I know Matrix isn't on the list.
    I know Matrix is ridiculously hard to see.
    They should make an anti Matrix mutator, if possible. [edit]Almost as if they did it on purpose. The hard to spot skin that is.[/edit]
    Think about it :D lololoolol :lol:[edit]my humor is weird. no confirmations needed. sorry for the confuzor[/edit]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  12. {MåçE}

{MåçE} ma$e is back!!??

that was the joke. ;)

i force gorge even on utcomp servers.. some of the models have kinda awkward dodging animations.. not that its too big of a deal, its just that i really could not care less when it comes to how my game looks. as long as i can see the players and the walls on the map, im happy. :D

13. CBA

I force another model there, there i a big model, where the head is nice visible (dunno the name) and i think it's even better then gorge for shooting headshots :)

14. redclaw

redclaw New Member

well I have a question kinda about this? I feel kinda stupid because I dont know how to post a new thread on this site. How do I? Anyways,my question is "how do I force my models to people who join my games so they can see what my skin or model actually looks like?" I downloaded a bunch of cool characters but nobody else can see them. Is there a way to make it where they have to download it when they join just like when they join and download the mod im running or whatever. Any help would be good thanks.

15. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

If you're running the server you can force everyone to download the skins by putting them in the ServerPackages in UT2004.ini. If you're not running the server you're out of luck. People will have to download the skins themselves to see you using them.

16. redclaw

redclaw New Member

So how do i put people in there? Im kinda new at this. And i am running the server,its just your basic one though. I go into host game and creat a game on a listen server.

17. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

18. redclaw

redclaw New Member

That is a very big help but I read it and have 1 more question. It says that I have to put the files into a dedicated server. Can I do it with a listen server?

19. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

Sure it's the same thing, redclaw :)

As far as I know people who connect will only download the skin/model you're currently using if it's in ServerPackages but I could be wrong. Remember you don't want someone connecting and having to download 8 models as they'll just leave rather than waiting more than likely.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  20. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Plus, if you're not on a dedicated server, odds are you don't have redirection set up (assuming you can even do so with a listen server), so even if you were to force everyone to download your skin/model, it'd go very, very, very slowly.