1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

how to delete from external package?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by navboy, Sep 10, 2001.

1. navboy

navboy New Member

Been working in UED2, have an external .u package for my UT level with 5 scripts in it. I now realize i don't need one of the scripts in my map. How can i delete it from my package?

Preferrably using UED2; don't want to set up a whole 'nother IDE just to delete one script from a package ...

Thanks for any pointers.

2. vlosk

vlosk New Member

Um...

Personally i don't suggest the use of Unreal Ed as a coding environment (was using notepad for the lnogest time as a stable alternative) but if you want to remove code from a package, specifically a map, in ued 2, here is how you _can_ do it...

(i had a map with a custom script destrcutable decoration, and i had to remove it using a similar opperation...)

Open the map.

Select everything in the map... (make sure the script object you want to remove is NOT present)

Copy the selection...

Make a new map, paste, save, and rebuild. you will now have a map with the scripts of only the copied objects. (you have to close ued and reopen it for the change to take effect...)

3. navboy

navboy New Member

sounds more like MyLevel

it's a cool idea (could have used that approach last week when i had stuff stuck in MyLevel, heh), but it sounds like maybe it'd remove scripts from MyLevel ... I dont' have any scripts saved with my map; their in an external package ... How do i delete a script from an external package?

4. vlosk

vlosk New Member

O I C

well, as i said before, ued is not a good tool for scripting... and though i would say jsut compile without the source file you want to remove, i don't think it works for ued, and last time i attempted coding with it, i killed my HDD.... (not a nice tool at all :p, also, external compilation provides a much nicer control over things like default properties, and imports)

Though i would say use Edit plus, or notepad at the very least, there are some quality IDE programs for U scripting, and i suggest you check them out, as it really makes life easier. (as far as i know, you cannot delete code from a package within ued, from an external package. you may want to try adding the keeper objects to a mpa, saving, opening (so only those scripts that are called are laoded) and resaving, but i am not sure if it will work.)

5. navboy

navboy New Member

thanks

well, i think i can just subclass them all again into a new package, and just paste the code in for each of them (i keep copies in Notepad), was hoping there was a more direct way in UED but it looks like there's not ... Thanks.

6. ca

ca CHiMERiC Grandmaster

The easiest way to delete a script (.uc) from a package (.u) is to export your scripts, delete the particular scripts from the UT\YourMod\Classes\ directory, and then recompile the package with from the commandline via ucc make. If you need more info I suggest reading the "Working with .ucs" tutorial, you can find it in the tutorial pages... (sorry I'm too lazy to look up the exact url :) )

7. navboy

navboy New Member

ah, i get it

thanks, guess i should get used to doing things that way, haven't really needed to until now.