UE3 - UDK How to change to default character model?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dirkmalta

Mar 25, 2010
Hey all.
I have a level up and running, with bots playing and all.
As you know the default player character in UDK is SK_CH_LIAM_Cathode robot. I managed import other characters into UDK. My question is how do you change the main player character to either CH_IronGaurd_Male or the character model I imported?
Thanks

dirkmalta

Mar 25, 2010
Problem Solved...
For anyone interested you have to change the character NAME and FAMILY in the "UTFamilyInfo_Liandri_Male.uc" file located :C:\UDK\Development\Src\MyMod\Classes

Nascar1555

Jun 7, 2010
Help!

Problem Solved...
For anyone interested you have to change the character NAME and FAMILY in the "UTFamilyInfo_Liandri_Male.uc" file located :C:\UDK\Development\Src\MyMod\Classes

um when i go there it has 1 file that says DO_NOT_DELETE notepad, and when i click on it it has nothing in it!! please help

crazyguy64

Dec 29, 2010
Problem solved

Nascar1555, I found out where the file really is. Look in C:\UDK\UDK-2010-12\Development\Src\UTGame\Classes. In there, try to find UTFamilyInfo_Liandri_Male.uc. Once you find it, just open that file in notepad according to the way dirkmalta suggested.

Have fun!