How much time do you give the humanity to last?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How much time do you give the humanity to last?

• 50 Years

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • 100 Years

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 1,000 Years

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 10,000 Years

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 1,000,000 Years

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
smart money is on humanity off'ing itself long before nature has the opportunity.

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.ngoilgas.com/media/media-news/news-thumb/100602/nuclear_bomb_oil_spill.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

The truth is, whatever humanity does couldn't put a dent into the planet. Even if we blew ourselves to smithereens and there was radioactive fallout everywhere earth would see fauna sprout up in the next thousands of years. We completely overestimate our destructive power due to our pathetically frail frames and aren't even capable of deviating a large object on collision course. Humanity has a long way to go before really showing it's potential and today is only the start.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Even if we blew ourselves to smithereens earth would see fauna sprout up in the next thousands of years.
I think you're underestimating our ability to destroy things :p
we are human beings! it's what we do best!

I wouldn't put it past the human race to figure out some kind of weapon or reaction that could literally shatter the Earth.

it'll come from either the US or China.
here's hoping it's us.

USA! USA! \o/

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Either we colonize other planets/moons, or we'll go the way of all creatures eventually...?
We'll never be able to place ourselves above nature, we're part of it.

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
Is there an option for more that 1 million years? I'm tempted to say at least 1 billion years. Unless a real extinction level event occurs that you couldn't predict ..... but I still think at least a FEW people would survive that somehow.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Are you aware of our sun's life cycle?

The sun has more than a couple billion years left in it's life cycle. Life on Earth probably won't feel changes until the sun begins to balloon out to become a red giant. This is assuming that we will survive ourselves and mass extinctions with ever increasing amounts of technology.

Last edited:

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
6 years, the time it takes for Poly to gather his minions and land a lazer beam on the moon, all going to plan :)