How many want the M1911A1? Vote your Mind!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by LoTekK
countess, why is it you always, how should i put this, try to act so f**king smart... this was a discussion about the desire for the 1911's implementation into the game, not a thread to start some goddamned world war... leave the ****ing country bashing out of it... you wanna country bash, get over to off topic and start a thread dedicated to it...

geez lighten up m8
the
08.gif
smiley should have been enough to tell you i wasnt being 100% serius
i was just joking around and making some comments with just enough truth in them to sting, but no more

i was not acting smart as this all is commen knowlage
the only "smart acting" was just for the pupose of humor
a point you totaly missed and therefor will now think "o that was funny!. NOT!!!!"

sins when is it not ok to make a joke on this forum?
find me any dissent sized thread without a joke in it i dare you
we disagrea on the m203 but that dusnt mean you have to flam @ every post i make

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
There's already one US gun that's in there for the sake of sentimentality (isn't "...the most immortalized famous American sidearms..." the TEC-9, anyway?). Not to mention a good slice of the rest being fairly US centric.

It'd sure suck if "Infiltration" turned into "Delta Seal Ranger".

IF they add more to the list, I'd prefer to see the FN-FAL, the G-3 (didn't the Seals use those?), the AN-94 or the AK-102. They've got the uniforms but not the weapons and there are already more than enough US weapons in there.

M16A2 may have been added out of sentimentality, but also because it is a mil-spec weapon, and one that has been WIDELY used all over earth in hundreds of countries in just as many militias, terrorist organizations and especially armies. This weapon almost had to be added. But by that rationale I agree the AK-47 should be added as well... used more times than all the m16 series combined. Or at least some modern Soviet weapon.

The Colt doesn't offer much in terms of gameplay though. Every weapon on the list right now has a use (save the DE when the Mk23 comes in without body armour... two shot kills, no need for a .357 DE). A Colt would have almost none. It would be a fine weapon to see in much later versions, but right now there are more important weapons to bring in/issues to work out.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
You guys are talking like the M-16A2 is dead and gone. The M-4 will replace it, but that is still in the future. M-16A2 is still issued currently, and is truly not obsolete.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
i'm with storm here... remember how much time, effort and money went into the ACR trials? g11, steyr acr, m16a3 (and i ferget the last one)... end result? stick with the A2... kinda tells you something about it, don't it?

It says that the perceived advantage as seen by the testing team wasn't great enough compared to fully developing (after all they were prototypes), getting manufacturing set up and replacing all the "old" weapons. It does not mean that the weapons weren't (maybe even quite a bit) better. Plus new weapons are not thought of much differently depending on who you ask. For instance, the G36 as compared to the G3 is thought of very differently amongst the German military. Everything from "the G36 is a fragile piece of **** which shoots such a weak bullet that they should just throw the piece away" to "the G36 is an awesome weapon for almost sniper-like accuracy and precision to several hundred meters" is represented, depending who you ask.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
AK-47 wasn't issued worldwide, I don't think it was even issued to many Red Army units, it was very expensive to manufacture because of extensive machining involved (over 60% of the materials went to waste, not to speak of the time required to produce it), similar to the Thompson SMG thirty years earlier. AKM, which appeared in 1954, is the version with stamped and welded reciever which was extremely cheap and thus spread everywhere.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
The prob with that is it would just be another weapon comparable to the current DE in game performance. So besides the coolness factor there really is nothing to day for it.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
The CZ-75 is rated by a good few "experts" as THE best combat pistol.

It's your basic Browning clone, but double action (DAO as an option) and very reliable. It'll fire pretty much any 9*19mm ammo currently in use. Very cool gun, but it is too similar to the Beretta for putting it in to be worthwhile.

I want the SOCOM. Suppressed, accurate, decent clip size and firing a nice round. Shouldn't have too much in the way of recoil, either (mechanical recoil compensators).

I'd be happy if they replaced the DE with the m1911. That'd be worthwhile.

Oh.. and Puncher - the Enfield Individual Weapon was praised for it's accuracy when it was introduced, too.

owlofdoom

Mar 18, 2000
hehe, the DE suxorz. if they wanted a high power pistol, they shoulda gon with a .454 cassul revolver. nuttin beats 5 shots of death.

and beyond that, the only other weapon i would like to see is that SIG. cant remember what its called, somebeody remind me?

Fred DM

Sep 15, 2000
why not?

yeah, why not include the Special Operations version of the M-1911A1?! or the Para Ordnance LDA...