1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How many want the M1911A1? Vote your Mind!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Domino, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Aldyon

Aldyon Quiet Fo0!

I´m erm.... Replying from a internet cafe in Spain right now, so I´ll be brief...

Personally I could care less if you put in the 1911 because <i´d be using the socom. <<and as far as money go´s, I´m a pistol person, so I think I´d be fine and dandy :)

2. striderteen

striderteen New Member

YES! Russian weapons I'd like to see:

Dragunov SVD: World's first purpose-built sniper rifle, still in use. Has bayonet, as it is not a true specialized sniper rifle but a longer-range issue rifle supplementing AKs. Twenty rounds, 7.62mm. Has 4X illuminated sight with INFRARED NIGHT VISION!

APS Underwater Assault Rifle:

"APS Underwater Assault Rifle is intended for combat actions and self-defence from dangerous sea predators. It can be installed on special underwater vehicles and used against mini submarines. The rifle ensures delivery of aimed fire from any position of the swimmer including firing on the move. Additionally, the rifle can be successfully used for self-defence on the ground. The rifle is loaded with MPS cartridge to hit underwater targets from the above-water position and vice versa. At limit ranges in water the rifle ensures defeat of an enemy wearing a water suit with porolone padding and protected with a 5 mm thick organic glass."

The limit ranges of effective fire in water at different depths essentially exceed the visibility limits in most transparent waters of the world ocean.

Calibre, mm 5.66
    Assault rifle mass, kg:
    less magazine 2.4
    with magazine 2.7
    fully loaded 3.4
    Overall dimensions, mm 614 x 65 x 252
    Length with extended stock, mm 823
    Lethal range in air, m 100
    Lethal range in water, m:
    at depth of 5 m 30
    at depth of 20 m 20
    at depth of 40 m 11
    Magazine capacity, rds 26
    Cartridge mass, g 27
    Ammunition length, mm:
    whole cartridge 150
    bullet 120
    Muzzle velocity in air, m/s 365

PSS Silenced Pistol:

"The 7.62 mm PSS is an individual weapon for special forces units. It is used for silent and flashless fire under the conditions of concealed attack and defence. The original design of the pistol and ammunition allows to use the pistol without a removable silencer providing smaller dimensions.

The pistol is automatically reloaded after each shot. The design of the striker and trigger mechanism makes it possible to deliver single shot fire both with preliminary cocking of the hammer and automatically. Safe handling is ensured by the safety catches which rule out a discharge when the trigger is accidentally depressed or when the pistol is dropped.

The silencing capability is achieved generally due to the special design of the ammunition. The sound level of the shot is comparable to that of an air gun. The effective range of specially designed SP-4 cartridges is up to 50 m. The bullet penetrates a vertically arranged 2 mm steel plate or standard army helmet at a distance of 25 m retaining its lethal effect."

Calibre, mm 7.62
    Muzzle velocity, m/s 200
    Sighting range, m 50
    Cartridge, mm 7.62 x 41
    Weight, kg:
    with empty magazine 0.7
    with loaded magazine 0.85
    Magazine capacity, rds 6

GYURZA pistol:

"GYURZA Pistol System in a variety of models is offered as a powerful fire weapon for equipping special units. It is designed to engage enemy personnel wearing armour vests of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd classes of protection corresponding to NATO standards.

The highest penetrating power of the bullet of the new 9 mm pistol cartridge is achieved due to unique design and optimized ballistic of the ammunition which makes it possible to pierce (at a distance of up to 100 m) with a high degree of confidence heavy armour vests (containing one or two I .4 mm titanium plates and 30 layers of kevlar, or a vertically arranged 4 mm steel plate). At the limit distance of the aimed fire steel helmet protected with titanium plate at the front is penetrated right through. The bullet can also cause material damage to the enemy transportation means, radars, missiles/rockets on launchers, as well as fixed/rotary wing aircraft. Domestic and foreign-made pistol ammunition proves to be 1.3 to 1 .8 times inferior to the GYURZA ammunition.

The design of safeties is reliable to such extent that it is safe to carry the weapon with a cartridge in the cartridge chamber thus making the pistol instantly ready for opening fire.
    The GYURZA pistol causes no discomfort if fired by the right or left hand. The stop on the trigger assembly guard is a great aid when firing from either hand. The magazine clamping mechanism is very convenient in operation and reduces reloading time to a minimum."

Calibre, mm 9
    Weight of pistol with magazine, kg 0.95
    Cartridge weight, g 11
    Pistol length, mm 195
    Magazine capacity, rds 18
    Sighting range, m 100
    Rate of fire,. rds/min 40

3. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

poaw, if there were money restrictions, as well as a primary and secondary loadout restriction, I might see why someone would choose a 1911 over a SOCOM. But with the current gameplay, and exorbitant amount of money players are given, everybody is going to buy a SOCOM.

Did the team state there would be different draw times for various weapons? If so where?

4. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

btw the Dragunov SVD is NOT a dedicated sniper rifle. It is not accurate enough for that. It is in fact a dedicated marksman rifle and is designed to give normal infantry squads an extra edge at range.

A normal russian marksman will carry a Dragunov and a AKSU smg. (AKSU is chamberted fot 5.45x39)

5. striderteen

striderteen New Member

Didn't I say that already?

6. Oittinen

Oittinen New Member

The 1911 is one of the most influential guns in history. Its service life has been remarkable, and the combat it has seen rivals most all other guns. Therefore I would support it being in the game, not just because I am American, but because the gun truly is special.

7. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

The 1911 could be used to replace the ** (sorry for using such a bad word here ;) )

8. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

I would love to have the MEU(SOC) in INF. I mean, why not? It's not like I'm biased or anything...:D :D :D

9. LoTekK

LoTekK Peon

damn jarheads... :D

although i personally think the MEU(SOC) 1911 is truly a thing of beauty (and function)... :)

and storm, why ain'tcha online? :p

10. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

Well said, keep the positive comments coming, the more the INF team sees them the more likely the Colt .45 will be included.

It seems we only have about 2 opposers, this is good.

LONG LIVE COLT

11. DEFkon

DEFkon Shhh

i love the 1911, but right now i don't see a reason for putting it in the armory. From a gameplay point of view it only offers 7 shots, just like the Desert Eagle, but it's not as powerfull. The Socom will offer a similar amount of damage but with 12 shots, and will offer some attachments.

Unless there's some serious modifications to the money system, and the availablity or power of the other weapons are changed.. the 1911 just doesn't fill any particular role.

--I figure if enough people vote yes, then we may be able to convince the INF team to add this weapon--

In all the time that i've been on these boards, i've never seen one of these petitions convince the team to include a weapon that the team already has considered. It's the teams game, not ours. "Not pleaseing the majority since...."

In my experience they're very competent in their work. Weapon selections are made more on game balance than anything else. When it takes so much work to get a weapon in the game, you wanna be sure that it was worth it to the gameplay. Not just a "filler" gun.. but something that definetly makes a huge difference. Thats why there are weapons in the armory that aren't even in the game now. Why spend the time making another Mp5, or AR15 when you could do something completely different like an FNp90, or Famas? It's all about priority and impact..

Maybe when the game reaches it's maturity and the main course has been finished they'll add more of these "apetizer" weapons.. but for the time being Id just let them concern themselves with getting what they feel they need to do.

12. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

My point exactly DEFkon. Right now, there is little to no point in adding this weapon, because the SOCOM is already fully modelled. It is, for the most part, a better weapon. Don't get me wrong, I love the Colt 1911, but there is not much of a place for it now in INF. And with the addition of the SOCOM, I think the game has more than enough sidearms.

13. striderteen

striderteen New Member

I agree as well. Redundant guns that we'd like to see for the sake of emotional attachments, good looks, fame, whatever...should wait. Unless Infiltration starts accepting user-created weapons (see my thread on that topic).

A 1911 would be little more than a reskinned SOCOM without attachments and with a smaller magazine. Love it, but don't really need it.

14. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

Screw the 1991, I want a SIG pistol!

15. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

If they are leaving the DE in, then they should probably add the Colt thingummywhatsit. I mean, the more opposition tooling around with SA small capacity sidearms the better.

Personally, I'd rather see them get the P-99 and Mk23 in there (I don't give a rats arse if the Colt represents America. So does morbid obesity and I don't see them adding that).

Modern Russian stuff would be kickass. Why not the AN-94, AK-102, PSS, 9mm silenced assault rifle etc.?

16. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

AMT Hardballer (I couldn't give a **** it it's milspec or not).

One of the best 1911 clones out there.

But you could always just impliment the Browning Hi-Power, which is a 1911 on prozac.

17. [L]the_Countess

[L]the_Countess Novice

ummm whats there to disgrace?
    but dont mind, me im just a guy form a country there there are no slums (because eveybody can afford not to live in them) kids can go to school without fear of being shot @
    where you can walk anywhere @ night without fear of getting muged or killed
    here the hard-drugs problemes are actualy getting smaller(world first)
    and we actualy got a person with a brain(*GASP*) leading the country
    but as i sayed dont mind me[​IMG]

18. LoTekK

LoTekK Peon

countess, why is it you always, how should i put this, try to act so f**king smart... this was a discussion about the desire for the 1911's implementation into the game, not a thread to start some goddamned world war... leave the ****ing country bashing out of it... you wanna country bash, get over to off topic and start a thread dedicated to it...

and don't get me wrong, i'm not even american, which kinda demonstrates just how pissed off i am right now... let's keep the discussion to the 1911 and its feasibility (or lack thereof)...

out.

19. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

I'd take the hi-power anyday. bullseye at 150m, try that with a .45

20. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

well, some of us find the "america is always right" view somewhat purturbing :p
    (and Im american)
    just because we have the military power right now dosent mean we are all skippy to sim being "us army men"

The colt should be added. just not now.
    lets see some international heavy firepower first.
    (a dragonouve would be my top pick, maybe a few more russian or british rifles)

side rant:
    since when does military history have to do with anything?
    as I recall, some here claim they dont give a damn about a weapons history. just weather that weapon fits with their desired style of gameplay.