1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How many want the M1911A1? Vote your Mind!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Domino, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

How many of you want to see the Colt M1911A1 pistol added into Infiltration? This weapon has been standard issue among the U.S. during both World Wars and some time after... It wouldn't make any sense not to include this American classic... This pistol represents the U.S.

Brittain had the Berretta, And we have the Colt. So not to include one of the most immortalized famous American sidearms would be a disgrace to the US of A (well not really, but I figured I'd add that for dramatic effect).

I figure if enough people vote yes, then we may be able to convince the INF team to add this weapon. The M1911A1 is perfect for Infiltration's realism, and frankly I can't understand why you wouldn't include it.

[​IMG]

quote by http://www.soft.net.uk/entrinet/us_weapons5.htm

2. Iceman

Iceman Who Dares Wins

Yeah why not....Put it in, right after they put in the Glock22.

Iceman.

3. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

You know...
    Many of our players, and the inf team, are not american...
    There are some who would rather have the standard issue rifle of thier own country instead.

4. striderteen

striderteen New Member

I would love to see the Colt .45 in Infiltration...provided it's the new MEU(SOC) version, which IIRC is the only .45 still in official use by the U.S. military.

Admittedly, this is a bit of a "custom" piece, an enhanced version of the standard Model 1911 that is rebuilt by the Marine Corps' Weapons Training Battallion armorers at Quantico and then issued to Marine recon units as a backup to their MP-5Ns.

The MEU(SOC) .45 features the following enhancements over the standard 1911:

- Commercial competition-grade ambidextrous safety
    - Precision barrel and trigger assembly
    - Extra wide, rubber-coated safety grips
    - Rounded hammer spur
    - High-profile combat sights
    - Stainless-steel seven-round competition-grade magazines with a rounded plastic follower and extended floor plate

Tom Clancy, who got to test-fire one at the WTB, states the following "The MEU(SOC) is the finest large frame pistol you will never be able to buy. And I want one!"

5. LoTekK

LoTekK Peon

amen, yurch... :D

and striderteen, you took the words right outta my mouth... :D
    nah, but seriously, i'm with yurch... gimme a SAR21... :D

6. <P^R>Imperial

<P^R>Imperial Bleh

Ya but seriously USA roxors all you other countries :D

7. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

Nope, them Yanks only think they do ... :p

How about some non-american pistols ?
    The Russians probably have some interesting stuff that hasn't been done to death in other mods/games ...

8. MeckonOmega

MeckonOmega Meckon (Mech-on)

"other countries," must include Canada... I warn you. the majority of Canadians live within 100 miles of the border, so watch out :D

but seriously, you don't want your whithouse burnt again do you? :lol:

9. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

// MeckonOmega :
    Some of those Americans might want you to do just that ...
    //---------

10. Cpt.Cypher

Cpt.Cypher I Go By Cypher Now

I don't care about the Yankee pride - I want to see that gun in the game, its a nice piece of weaponry.

11. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

you mean: you don't want the white house burnt down... AGAIN MUHAHAHAHA.

Anyway... .45 sucks why would you want a low capacity pistol with no range and no penetration?

12. Cpt.Cypher

Cause theres no armor and the levels are not that big. Also you don't need that many clips/ammo with the amount of people you are fighting.

13. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

14. -GAT-Rogue

-GAT-Rogue New Member

im sure bush will accidentally light a curtain on fire and then pour his brandy over it to put it out, so us canucks dont have to waste our time burning it down, eh?
    (no canadians dont say eh, at least no more than americans do):D

15. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

The team really has no practical reason to add a Colt 1911. We already have the SOCOM, and aside from a bulk value, it has no disadvantage compared to the 1911. Higher power, higher magazine capacity, greater accuracy, more addons available... the list goes on.

I really don't see a reason any player would choose a 1911 over a SOCOM.

EDIT: Oh yeah, money doesn't factor into this equation, because INF players are given $10000, well over enough to buy a SOCOM and a primary weapon.

16. Cpt.Cypher

I am saying, Fur, that because of the game state its disavantages are moot.

17. MeckonOmega

MeckonOmega Meckon (Mech-on)

have you guys got that e-mail with bush talking to the pope, and there's some comment about how dumb he is.. :D its worth a chuckle, I have a better vocabulary then him, and I'm 17

wait, I'll give him the benefeit of the doubt, maybe the crack erase his once amazing vocab.... :)

18. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

Well, the 1911 is considerably smaller than the SOCOM, which would translate into a lower bulk rating and faster draw times. Also it is a lot cheaper. That may not mean much now, but once we have to buy $5,000 NVG/NVS and $2,000 body armor, in addition to a weapon and sidearm, you will feel the pinch.

19. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

And? a 1911 these days costs about $1100 at least the FBI's 1911's do. Bit too much for a side-arm imo.

And if the only restriction on weapons would be that it wouldn' have any real disadvantages due to infs current style then we should also get a tec-9 and maybe a handcannon or something.

20. Kisen_K

Kisen_K S&amp;M Airlines

After the PSG-1 is replaced by a similar weapon (this is from Warren's Weekly update), you will be given a smaller amount of money. The PSG is way more expensive than the other INF firearms, so the money isn't balanced out yet.