UE1 - UT how giantic soldier statue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Im currently working on a map and need a giantic statue of the posing malesoldier model.
Who knows how to make this please post here!

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
Short version.... add an actor - pawn - xpawn (something along those lines.. I dont have UT2k4 installed atm so Im not positive of the correct path). Once thats in the map you should have malcom standing there. Right click on the mesh and convert - to static mesh.

You can also use the animation browser to alter the pose and charcter mesh (you will have to replace the textures too as UEd does not replace malcoms if you change the mesh).

If you get stuck post back.. Ill reinstall 2k4 and see if I can be a little more detailed.... I have actually used the method above to create exactly what you are asking for LoL.

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
Oops - sorry - I meant UT99!
But the available options exclude a convert command.
Is it necessary to directly code the pawns script?

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Wait, is that a digicam photo of your screen? You know, you can take screenshots in Windows by pressing the PrintScreen key. Just open your favorite imaging program (Paint should do) and paste from clipboard, then save as JPG or PNG.

Use MeshMaker to convert a BSP model into an Unreal mesh. That tool will automatically create a Decoration class to place in your map, including a matching collision cylinder, if you want.