1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How far will they go?

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by digital-warrior, Dec 10, 2005.

1. digital-warrior

digital-warrior Awake...

2. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover

Hey!!! you can only BUY the music.. don't even THINK about understanding it!!! and there will now be a "per song" fee to sing in the shower.... and a per concert fee for singing in public....

Now if they would only go after those morons that broadcast tunes to the general public..through there HUGE ass speakers in their cars...... cause that is just what the radio does, and pays a fee to do..

3. Nachimir

Nachimir Crony of Stilgar

Their aims are harsher than that story makes out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I can't believe just how ignorant and dumb the music industry is being over all this. Attack customers (with OS damaging DRM software, lawsuits, whatever) then they'll respect you? Yeah right. I buy CDs, but the f*ck am I going to buy any with "Sony" written on them now.

A recent study indicated that, while downloading can indeed dent sales for huge artists, P2P networks actually increase sales for smaller ones by getting them known.

Also, few people care, still:
    http://www.boingboing.net/2005/12/09/only_2_of_musicstore.html

Last edited: Dec 10, 2005
  4. Nebel

Nebel Aloof

I heard that soon it will be illegal to think about music.

Unless, of course, you buy the CD.

5. QUALTHWAR

QUALTHWAR Baitshop opening soon.

"hotted up?"

6. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

BS he should charge them for thinking and meshing it with apple tunes then.tthey want the money for that idea, but the words for anything cannot be controled.
    Tell the cops, no i wrote them down myself from thr FREE song on the radio.

I supposed they will blank or beep out word in the song while you hear it on the radio lol. "Smoke on the _____,fire in the ___."
    hjeheheheh.......

7. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

Absolute bs. How the hell is reading some lyrics on a website any different to hearing them in the song :con:
    This just completely baffles me...

8. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

They should bann radio too I guess.

9. digital-warrior

digital-warrior Awake...

Yea, all this buisness kill's me. I mean even with the d/ling of music, it's not about them losing money, it's about making "more" money. A bigger market.
    Before long everyone will have to buy XM or CIRIUS just to listen to music on the radio, although I really would'nt mind having it.

btw, I heard a few weeks back, (not sure if it's going to be nationwide or just local) that we will no longer receive television channels from an antennae. That everyone will have to go to a sattelite or cable. I have satellite, and I think watching tv from antennae sux. The only thing that would be crappy about it, is that people who could'nt afford it would not be able to see the new's, weather warnings, etc, unless they have a radio...

edit.......the thing about tv, is supposed to happen in 2007 I hear..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2005