UE3 - UT3 How do you test a war map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
When I play from hear I enter the map on the red team, but the cores and the turrets and vehicles are not in the map. Do I need to burn the map to test it? Or is there a setting I could use enter in the console, I can add bots but they don't have any vehicles or cores to attack.

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
Now I don't have any clue as to why the cores and vehicles don't show up.
I saved the map under a different name for testing did a full build and then cooked it to try it out and still nothing in the map no cores no vehicles no turrets.

I don't have any prime nodes or secondary ones in the map yet but I do have path nodes and volume nodes for the bots.

I checked the setting of some of the war maps and mine seem to be the same has anyone ever had this problem before?

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
Its ok I was a noob myself and for somethings like setting up a war map so it works it seems I still am one.

I wish one of the experts would stop by and give me a idea were to look and what to do.

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
The map is saved war-mymapname38

I have path nodes and volume nodes in for bot nav.

I don't have anything other than the two cores and they are linked with path nodes that's all.

My shortcut for the editor is "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor

What does -nohomedir do.

The map doesn't work right from the editor when I try play from here there is no cores or vehicles or turrets even thou I can see them just fine in the editor.
I tried cooking it and still nothing.

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
I solved the problem.
Turns out you have to link between the cores and or other nodes before the cores, vehicles, turrets , prime nodes and secondary nodes show up.

Now I have so much more work to do.