How do you make a message appear in every player's screen?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Hi guys.. first editing related question I ask:

I have this problem, in my DM map, LAGORDA, I have this laser-blocked door, that when you approach it a "Access Denied" sound is heard, and a message appears that says "Acces Denied ; Tournament Game in Progress" .. the problem is, the message only appears to the player who bumps to the wall.. and I want it to appear to every player.. how do you do that?

Please help. Thanks.

GriNGoLoCo

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
uh huh

What you need is a trigger that has the event of a SpecialEvent's (a "special" type of trigger) tag.
Last in the properties is "Special Event"
Here you can add sounds, damage and messages.
For everyone to see the message, set bBroadcast to True.
If you're gonna do noises and stuff, SpecialEvent Triggers are the way to go.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Thanks for all the replys guys.. I already had a system of triggers, special events, etc in place.. i just couldnt send the message to other players.. i shouldve known that bBroadcast option was the answer to my problem.. damn.. i should experiment with UED more.. thanks guys :)

Call me Erdik:

I still dont finish the map.. it´s like 60-70% complete.. i put it on the showcase forum when its nearing completiton.. i still have to make this outside area and some inside structures too.. if you want some early pics (when it was at like 20% development) just go to my site:

http://www.geocities.com/gringoloco22

later,
GriNGoLoCo

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Play test maps in the "PlatTest" Forum

Before releasing a map goto the "PlayTesting" Forum for feedback.
After you release a map, then by all means, Showcase it.

Last edited:

Laff

Mar 12, 2000
yeah really why would you want it to broadcast to EVERY player...i imagine being on a totally different part of the map and getting "access denied" and being like wtf...mass confusion.