1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How do you build other kind of maps beside DM?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by DT, Jun 23, 2000.

1. DT

DT New Member

I know how to build a Deathmatch map, but I can't seem to build CTF, Assault, Domination, etc. If you can and willing to help, please e-mail me at greendragon25@yahoo.com. Thank you!

2. ghost face

ghost face New Member

Actually, if anyone knows how to do this, post the answer here, because I'd like to know too. thanks.

3. Aphex

Aphex New Member

Umm you just make the map, then just add CTF-, DOM-, AS- etc on the front, eg:

CTF-MyMap

Will appear under the CTF map list.

Of course, you need flag bases in the cTF map, Assault classes in Assault maps etc.

4. Mambo

Mambo Metallica Head

Just build the map - if you want a domination map, you need to add control points (in classes->navigationpoint).

You can name your control points by right-clicking on them, and adding a name in the position section of the controlpoint tab in the properties.

For CTF, add a flagbase, also in classes->navigationpoint.

I wouldn't worry about assault until you are a kickass mapper, because they are really hard to do. If you do do assault, you need to use fortstandards (under classes->pawns->stationarypawn).

5. Mambo

Mambo Metallica Head

just build the map - , and add the DOM, CTF or AS prefix to the title.
    If you want a domination map, you need to add control points (in classes->navigationpoint. You can name your control points by right-clicking on them, and adding a name in the position section of the controlpoint tab in the properties.
    For CTF, add a flagbase, also in classes->navigationpoint.
    I wouldn't worry about assault until you are a kickass mapper, because they are really
    hard to do. If you do do assault, you need to use fortstandards(under classes->pawns-> stationarypawn).

6. Jenkins

Jenkins America's Greatest Kitten Mitten

I can't people didn't add this in...

you have to also add your GameType.

Classes:Info:GameInfo:UnrealGameInfo

Add whatever you want in Level Properties:levelInfo.. or by hitting F6

[​IMG]
    Jenkins http://www.unreality.org/nukefus

My Cast:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]