How do I take screenshots of myself?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ShadowWraith

Jan 30, 2002
Lost...
I've seen many, many signatures on here where people have pics of their characters.... I know to hit printscreen to copy the desktop image to the clipboard, but how do I get that "out-of-body" view? Someone told me in ghostcam go to console and type "behindview 1"... Excuse my ignorance, but what is ghostcam and how to i get into it?

Thanks all,
-SW
:stick:

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Die, wait for the next round (know as ghost, sometimes recon if you are a prick), use the console to type behindview 1 and you can grab a screenshot ;)

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
What DB said could only give you, literally, a view from behind...

At the end of a round the view will focus on you in the third person. Take a screenie then.

Otherwise, start a botmatch with yourself as a spectator and a bot that looks just like your own character, follow it around and take a couple shots until you get a few you like...

ShadowWraith

Jan 30, 2002
Lost...
Originally posted by FiringAimlessly
...start a botmatch with yourself as a spectator and a bot that looks just like your own character, follow it around and take a couple shots until you get a few you like...

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that. Thanks FA!

Also, isn't there a way you can freeze the bots? I think there's some command you can type in the console to do it... anyone remember what is is?

Thanks
-SW

wwwwww

Mar 26, 2001
you can pause the game by typing "pause"... however you will have a text on the screen saying "pause" which would be quite nasty when taing screenshots

Deathdealer

Dealer of Death
Mar 4, 2000
Newfoundland
Also...

You should be able to place this in your user.ini file...toggle-ing it to a key:

INFToggleBehindViewRotation

And that should help also. It was in INF 2.80 if I remember.

That lets you rotate the camera around you while moving.

BattlePriest

Confessor to the fragged
Apr 30, 2001
Hinsdale, IL
fccorps.home.attbi.com
Pausing bots for SS

If you wanna get good screen shots bind a key to the console command "playersonly"

in the console type: set input (key) playersonly

and when the bots are out and around smackin each other down, you can hit the bound key and it will pause all the bots, the weapons the explosions and everything, but human player models...so you can run right up into the middle of a firefight and hit F9 for a screen shot, without getting killed. This is good to get midi death screenshots too. if you continue to toggle the bound key you'll make a frame by frame kind thing happen so you can get screenies of a whole combat scene. Just make sure your out of the area before you toggle the key, those bots will turn and shoot you instantly if your around when it unpauses. When your done hit the bound key again to un-pause the bots.