How do I make a single player map?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KuroiTenshi

Ach, ye gibbun.
Feb 16, 2001
kuroitenshi.tripod.com
I want to make a single player map, kind of like Assault but there's only one team and one player, and he fights against monsters instead of the other team/bots.

Is there a way to do this? Problems are:

-playerstarts: they should turn "on" in stages once the player passes a point. I'm sure theres a setting for this...

-scoring: I don't need scoring. this isn't deathmatch, and this isn't a timed assault map. is there another category I could use?

-It will be made of two maps, and the player teleports from one to the other. how do I connect the maps that way?

It's a lot to ask, but any help would be appreciated.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Actually, it's not a lot to ask. But you need to remember that instead of Assault, where you just respawn if you don't get to the end, you actually have to reload a saved game if you die while playing SP.

Use a default gametype of UnrealShare.SinglePlayer to make it work. If you would prefer that weapons respawn and that you respawn if you die, use UnrealShare.CoopGame instead. Triggering progressive PlayerStarts can be done by Triggering their Tags (don't forget to turn eariler ones off by doing this too). There is no scoring in SinglePlayer, but there is a form of scoring for Coop that doesn't really mean much.

To send someone to another level, just use a Teleporter with URL being something like "Level2#Level2Entry?peer" where Level2 is the name of the other map, and Level2Entry is the Tag of another Teleporter in that map. The word "peer" just means that it needs to look in another map. # and ? are separator symbols. However, in Coop, the player will be sent to that map, but will instead go to an active PlayerStart instead of that Teleporter.

Also, check out www.unrealsp.org for more info on SP. It's a really good place to get advice on the gametype in general. I'm one of the team members that work on it.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Thanks, guys. This is a bit of an ego trip for me. ;)

SP dude of the PuF Editing Forum. :eek: I hope I can live up to the reputation. :p

Oh, and the PlayerStart technique I mention there is actually credited to ChrisToth, but I mentioned later in that thread (whichever one it is) that it would be good for Coop games.