How do a reviewer play UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrFawn

Jan 25, 2000
Norway
www.planetunreal.com
http://www.planetunreal.com/sunspire/reviews/review.asp?id=35

you almost need the jump boots or a hammer jump to get the body armor

When will the reviewers learn how to play UT

I got a little caught up when I tried to look at this map in the editor. I realized after the final rebuild, the author must have deleted all the brushes. I imagine this stunt was pulled so that no one can see or copy the brushwork from the map. I can think of few other ways to spit at the community than to hide your techniques and skills from them.
The people who would copy the brushes will never be skilled.

Who got an ownage by stealing som brushes from Dm-Sewer? He's in fact more leet than me because of that :(

Gah why do I care at all :/
the pro UT players loves it :)

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
It's a nifty map, Fawn, but I couldn't see Edge in there :) How many Kilobytes did deleteing the brushes save?

/me hugs fawn and points at a modem

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
"I can think of few other ways to spit at the community than to hide your techniques and skills from them."

Try asking any half-life / quake-engine mapper if you can see their uncompiled map file.

Dai

Orgasmetron
Apr 2, 2000
Finding a new low
Visit site
This slap in the face to the segment of downloaders (those who use UnrealEd as much as UT) is a strong statement and a negative one at that. The people who would copy the brushes will never be skilled and have already doomed themselves to poor mapping, but the real losers when someone pulls this trick are the people who may learn something about mapping and may one day contribute to the community.

oh my :D

deleting the bsp is a kind of gay trend, but this reviewer is taking it a_bit_too_far :rolleyes:

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
I like Ordeal, it's a really cool map :)

The main thing is still that a map is good, not if it's accessible with Ued...that's definetely not worth a whole paragraph or a downrating, but that's nothing that hasn't been said yet...

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
HAHAHAH HA HA HA HA

Oh, MrFawn! I seem to remember some retarded little stunt you pulled a couple months ago that crashed my computer by exploiting a Win98 bug.

What goes around comes around, right? Ding!!! I think Naligirl went a little far with this zinger but it sure is funny from over here :D