How big is your... UT installation?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vagabond

Yeah, but they'd be on fire.
Mine clocks in at about 12 gig of modified UT goodness. However, if I remove some of the redundant maps it shrinks to about 11.5 gig.
One should NOT see this as an outright challenge; think of it as a dedication to how long and what lengths one has gone to, to achieve what one would call the "perfect" Unreal experience.

How does yours measure up? :biggrin2:

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Actually, can anyone post the default sizes of all Unreal series game installations? I think it could look like this:
||-|-----|-----|-----------|-----|----------------------------------------------|
|Unreal|UT|Unreal II|UT2003|UT2004|U2XMP|UT3|
But would be nice to know the real numbers :)

SorayMustDie

Approach me and DIE!!
Feb 24, 2008
4GB , well , some Musics are on my nerve ( those in no game music ) So I have to rip it my own.

Diehard

though it's 3.75 GB on-disk thanks to NTFS compression.

Wont that slow down your game horribly ?

That leaves me with about 9.5 gig . Oh well. Time for some more map downloading!

The Unreal Texture site has 30.50 gigabite of downloads for the UT section, and thats all zipped up. No clue how large that would be unpacked, but all of you have downloads enough at your hands to enlarge your UT :p And theres even still tons of downloads i havnt added to the downloads yet.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
My play installation is 610MB, and my Editor installation is 621 MB :) Yet my UT2004 installation is 12GB in the usual folder and also pathed to another 1,45GB on another drive. But all the installers for UT99, UT2004, Unreal 1 and UT2003 takes up another 4,92 GB :)

Vagabond

Yeah, but they'd be on fire.
Just downloaded Infiltration 2.9...fantastic mod, anyways. Good Gandhi I love Unreal Tournament! Back to 11.5 gig. Starting the hi-end S3TC textures in a while fzzzzplghhh (goes beserk). < [UT goodness overload]

Last edited: