How big is your ut folder?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Let's just put it this way, I have an old rig and I have no choice.

Once I get an uptodate computer, I'll make sure it isn't.
I'm just not the type of person who can or is willing to upgrade or buy a new pc every year... ^_^ I think it's more a case of "I can't" instead of "I don't want to".

omfgut.JPG

all bonus packs,infiltration mod,UTetris(lol) and a whole lot of other maps :D

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Derdak2rot said:
love your sig , neo ! :lol:

And I can't remember what is was like back then...

Shrugs..

Anyway: 5.50 gigs! Yay! Deleted almost 500 maps, really, I didn't need those.

I've also weeded out the dirt from my screenshots folder, lost 400 mb I think.

There's still some odd 44k files in this folder. And yes, 99% is ut related. The other.. well... none of your business ;p

NeoNite on dec 21st said:
Careful don't exagerate, I once had 360 maps in my folder and .. it was really slowing ut down..
I've deleted 90 maps and it runs fine now

HA HA HAAAA...!!!

This thread is over five years old.

Last edited:

Neon_Dragon

Proud Download Addict
Feb 26, 2006
A while back mine was 9.18 gigs, maybe more, but I cut some crap out and its currently at about 8.3 gigs.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Some? Ditch another 3-4 gigs I'd say. My online UT folder was probably 10 gigs at its peak. And why? Most of it was crap.
Unnecessary maps, screens, system, sound files etc... temp crap you download. Purge it.

-> Edit: Are you talking about your UT2004 or UT folder?

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well if you have the space on your HDD for it, I guess it can't hurt. But you've got to ask yourself.. do I really need this mod/these maps?

A problem I had to deal with for a long time. I couldn't delete most stuff I had installed.

Neon_Dragon

Proud Download Addict
Feb 26, 2006
Heh, well the thing is I was using an outdated pc when I downloaded them so UT was one of the only games I could play, the other week I got a new motherboard which opens up lots of new games for me so I guess I`ll delete most of it especially when I get UT07 and Quake Wars.

Gun_Asylem

The Ultimate Weapon
Apr 14, 2006
Cyber Space (OHIO)
USED SPACE 28.1 GB
FREE SPACE 41.8 GB
CAPACITY 69.9 GB
UT GOTY Folder 15.1 GB
AND EVERYTHING ELSE = PRICELESS

My ut folder is large because of my mods and my maps i am making...
each time i make a significant change i save it as a new file
plus i have a second copy of UT's TEXTURES and SYSTEM files incase i mess up

the rest of my computer is taken up by pics and RVB VIDEOS