1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Holy Sheep Sh!tt!ing Chryst!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fauker, Feb 23, 2002.

1. fauker

fauker Louqe

Those ingame shots are god dam mother farking amazing!!! And iron sighting looks so good! Kudos to whoever did that! The player and 3rd person weapon models look outstanding! My god you guys have been working!! I cant wait for beta 1 now, its gonna drive me insane!!

AHHHHHHHHH!! Great work!:)

btw, now that you are showing shots, lemme see your Omaha level when its ready! Remember, the Omaha level is then highlight of EVERY WW2 mod, so you gotta make yers a good one!

2. DooMfreak

DooMfreak New Member

Hahahah... took you long enough to show up Diablo. ;)

3. 2COOL4-U

2COOL4-U New Member

Diablo!!! :) Yep they so f*cking rule!!! w00h00

4. it's ME

it's ME New Member

Diablo i agree with you 100%! This are the best shots i have seen for quite a while!!!!!!!! Really great job what you did with the UT engine!!! Really amazing work guys!!!!! Thanks and keep up the great work!!!!!!!

5. fauker

fauker Louqe

I know man this looks so amazing. I know its gonna look better than DoD cuz the Unreal Engine is a lot better. The only thing were gonna have to worry about is will it be better with weapon models, player models, and fun. Especily maps, thats a huge biggie!

But if you got those things down, then TTR should be better than DoD, a lot better!

6. LegalAssassin

LegalAssassin Just follow the white rabbit...

DoD's maps suck, it's all in the gameplay.

Look at StrikeForce 1.55 and 1.60 - 1.6's got the looks but not the gameplay...:(

7. fauker

fauker Louqe

I agree, all theyre maps suck EXCEPT their beach maps. They make the 2 best beach maps ive seen in a long time. You guys have to get a very good one. And you guys should look into the idea of being able to mount the Machine guns. Thats a great idea.

8. DooMfreak

DooMfreak New Member

And don't forget the colorful cast of WWII themed maps floating around. (In particular Angelheart's Das Boot, RealAssualt, and Panzer maps.)

9. fauker

fauker Louqe

Yeah man, AHs maps are so good, his WW2 ones should be included in the release as 3rd party maps.

10. {Ghetto_Ghepetto}

{Ghetto_Ghepetto} I am #1 Asian big boob queen!

The only thing that DoD will most likely succeed in is it's internet code. UT's coding blows and is way out of date. HL's pings are far better than UT's.

Other than that, looks great! Can't wait to play.

11. fauker

fauker Louqe

Really? I thought UT's code was a lot better. Now i hav DSL so i've never had any problems with ping or pretty much any slowdowns so i've always thought UT's was the better. It aslo doesnt seem to make sense when you say UT's code it out of date, when its newer then HL :con:

12. butto

butto Red Orchestra Coder

The HL engine has many more limitations than the UT engine. It would not be possible to do many of things we have done with HL. HL has much more stuff that is controlled by the engine and can't be modified. It also handles outdoor areas much more poorly.

And the UT engine is over a year newer than HL, though both are based on older engines (Unreal and Quake 1 respectively).