1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

holas from damascus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Saladin, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Saladin

Saladin Fez Toting Warrior!

k pasa?

anyone miss me yet?

im using my old gateway2k 133mhz cpu that somehow ended up in my grandparents house, and they an actually get a decent 41k connection on dialup.

so im toying around with my new canon powershot a80 and i got some awesome landscape pictures/nightshots - ill resize them when i get back and post them in the photography thread or something....but some of these are pretty cool.

its pretty damn cold here, and it actually rained a couple of times on me, bad times not too far from me in Iran......but howss it over there?

2. jaeg

jaeg PopeyeTurbo

I've always wanted to visit Damascus, so much history in that city.

3. Saladin

well bring a coat if you go in winter, i just came back from the balcony, freezing my ass off cause i was rying to take sme sunset shots.

what really sucks is that i cant get aim or irc to work, cause the syrian dialup network here blocks the servers somehow.....anyone got any ideas on how to get it to work??

4. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

There's a web based IRC client called CGI IRC or something like that. It can get past most firewalls IIRC (never used it, only heard about).

Take pictures of the old building over there (indoor and outdoor) it would make a nice map ;)

5. Saladin

im here a few more days...leaving saturday, im getting all my current ~300mb of pictures transfered right now to a usb hard drive so i can write them to a cd, i figure i can take a few low quality shots (dont want to starve the disk space if i want to take an more pics...or a video....but itd be one wierd map if you'd do it...)