1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hitman like "death model"

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by unixman, May 10, 2001.

1. unixman

unixman [pthread] The Clan of One

If any of you have played "Hitman - Codename 47" then you will know what I'm talking about. Currently I don't think the way bodies behave after death is at all realistic. Now in Hitman, when a player model is dead, it doesn't become static like INF models do. They still interact with the games physics like gravity. They also bend at the joints. So, if say a person was to die near a rail, they would slump over the rail and slowly slide off and fall to the ground instead of the current model where they would magically levitate in the air with the head resting on the rail. Also, the way gun models behave when tossed or when a player dies. They just kinda stick flat on whatever surface they touch first. This also is more realistic in Hitman. The guns tilt and yaw and flip as they touch surfaces until they come to a rest in a realistic manner. All I can say is go play Hitman and see what the hell I'm talking about. I imagine this would make INF so much better not to mention realistic. I mean supposing it is something that can be implemented on the UT engine.

I hope the INF teams sees this :)

2. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Sorry, I don't think it's possbile for UT unless the Inf team totally rewrites the physics engine and adds in inverse kinetics, which there's not a chance in hell of happening.

3. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

Yeah it'd be awesome,

Except no one is THAT good at coding.

4. HanD_of_DarKNesS

HanD_of_DarKNesS Evil Bastard

I agree that that would be extremely cool, but I think the team is best off to wait and see what the Unreal 2 engine (actually an enhanced Unreal engine) is capable of, instead of trying to code UT for those capabilities.

5. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

AHHHH ALL I HEAR ABOUT NOWADAYS IS UNREAL 2....AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO NEED A GOOD COMP TO RUN...I'M SCREWED....AHHH.

Christ....I'm really rather happy with the fact that I have UT.....and why isn't Infiltration moving to Unreal Warfare?

I guess that would make too much sense..

6. HanD_of_DarKNesS

HanD_of_DarKNesS Evil Bastard

Unreal 2 isn't expected until this time next year. It's the next step in the Unreal universe, and focuses on a single player campaign similar to Unreal (though it will have multiplayer features similar to UT).

Unreal Warfare isn't expected until the END of 2002 (next year), and is more likely to be released in 2 years time. Though it will likely include incredibly impressive features, it's engine will be one step above that in U2.

That being the case you have a year to get a new computer to play U2 (and hence the eventual version of INF we hope to see spawned off that game), and that same computer should be able to power UW after that.