1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hit ball- game freezes- returns to tee spot

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sycocowz, Jun 11, 2004.

1. sycocowz

sycocowz New Member

hey guys I'm having this problem

when ever I hit the ball it starts to go in the air then the game freezes for a few seconds and then it returns me to starting spot

I made a video with fraps, you can see it at
    users.starpower.net/cindya2/swing-problem.avi

Note that it looks like that video is clips put together, its one continous clip, those freezes actually happen in game

I have had this problem while running UT2004 builds 3204, 3223, 3227, and 3233

2. Mix

Mix So Fresh and So Clean

It doesn't look like you have the latest map... I would try installing Duffers again. Use the zip install and check the 'overwrite files' option in Winzip (or whatever you use).

I would also look for stray packages, i.e., DG-Bluffs.ut2 in your UT2004/Maps dir, Duffers* packages in UT2004/Textures and UT2004/StaticMeshes... That may be causing problems.

3. sycocowz

sycocowz New Member

tried what you said

it didn't fix the problem, it still resets after I hit, but now it says in big letters OUT OF BOUNDS

also I'm having the problem in beta patch 3236 as well

4. Mix

Mix So Fresh and So Clean

Well based on your video, it definitely looks like the older map. I would suggest a serch for any file name "DG-*"

5. sycocowz

sycocowz New Member

dunno why it works now, but it works

thanks