1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

High fps and low fps, but I can´t understand

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Mind Maze, May 19, 2001.

1. Mind Maze

Mind Maze New Member

Better PC u have better fps u get, but I can´t understand why my PC gets very high and very low fps at the same time in Unreal 226.

I have some programs which run background, sure, I deactivates all them to play. Just is kind of funny to see why today I got 25fps with 640x480 with high texture detail, 0 detail bias, and yesterday I got 15fps with low texture detail, +2 detail bias. I´m talking about small, medium at max, maps like the regular ones. In rare cases I got 30fps.

I setted cache to same amount of RAM, and all times I get high or low fps all background progs are closed.

2. SimplyCosmic

SimplyCosmic ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.

Well, this could be due to any number of factors, some of which are totally random.

For instance, the amount of time that your computer has been on. The longer MS Windows runs, the more cluttered the system resources get, resulting in less resources for your game to use. This varies from day to day, and if you have the Resource Meter installed, you can go to Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Resource Meter to see where you stand before running the game.

A related problem is the fact that not all programs out there are coded quite to the standard that they should be. While most good code will release the resources, such as memory, that they used while running back to the system when they terminate, not all do so properly, and you won't be able to get it back until you reboot.

In the end, however, I personally like to blame the TinyComputerGnomes for most problems. :D