1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hide the gun in 3rd persion view?

Discussion in 'General and Off Topic' started by EdudDiputs, May 23, 2009.

1. EdudDiputs

EdudDiputs New Member

I posted this topic over here
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=680659

But I wanted to see if ya'll know anything about how to do this.

The only examples that I can think of use custom animations so I am guessing that may be the only way to do this.

Thanks again,

-Joel

2. -Tj-

-Tj- New Member

From what I understand, it's entirely possible to get rid of the gun. I read the Epic forums post reply, something about using a mutator to hide the model or something like that.

However, in one of the character packs I have that I made with a bunch of friends, some of the characters don't carry weapons. This was unintentional, of course, but they also referenced the default Jugg animation set. From this, as well as the fact that the Bass model doesn't rely on a mutator or anything to achieve the result you want, I can safely say that won't need a mutator to work.

I don't have too much time to research, but I'm a bit curious about this, myself. I'll look into it for a bit and let you know if I find anything. If you find something out before I do, let me know... I want to know, too. ;)