HEY EVERY1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

finale

Sep 18, 2005
im 12 years old lol
i was wandering if someone could help me find mapping software for unreal tournament G.O.T.Y.E and software for banners skins etc. as i hope for a job in game designing in the future and mainly because its FUN
so it would be grate if somebody could help me out here

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
The mapping software for UT GOTYE is on the cd, and if you installed UT then it should be in the system folder. it is called Unreal Editor (should be 2.0)
For makin skins you photoshop or something similar and something to put the new skins into ut (been so long can't remeber the name of it)

]F|T[Corvus

Deus Ex Machina
Aug 15, 2005
Germany
www.nemesis-mod.cjb.net
Sure, the ED3.0 is closer to UT2k7 but if you want to learn the basics, maby you should start with the more simple 2.0.

If you have some practice and know how to use the ED mainly with keyboard-shotcuts and such stuff you can make the step to UT2kx, or you will get lost in all the features the engine optains.

It's yust my opinion. I've been workin with the ed for about ten years now, and even I had my problems with the new engine.... well, certainly everyone has his problems with the new engine :D

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
No, bcause the basics from 2.0 are the same in 3.0
the difference is the static mesh usage.
The way you map in 2.0 is kinda different in 3.0 and will be about the same in 4.0 but with more options.
If he learns how to map in 2.0 hell have a hard time with the new editor, especially in the decorative part, fluid and terrain part.
You had the problem, and it took me some time to get used to it as well.

Sure, 2.0 is nice, but the way you map has changed..
it would be kind of pointless to let him learn how to optimal map for ut, when 2k7 will be here in a short year.

but again, thats my opinion.
(imho both me and corvus have valid points :) )