]----->HELP<-----[

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=<<NRA>>=-

Jul 6, 2000
Whenever im sufin' the web i get this error quite frequently. Can any1 help me?
error.jpg

weed.gif

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999

I am no expert, but maybe cause you've got like 20 million plug-ins and front-ends and all sorts of crap installed on MSIE there... maybe?

---------
And now for some feedback: EEEEEEEEEEEEE
---------

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Hotbar is crap, besides that it's intrusive (sends way too much info about you and your computer to too many other people). Get rid of it, if you want a skinable browser, get NeoPlanet.

ZundSig4.gif

Uisge

May 19, 2000
Visit site
I dunno if it's Hotbar that's causing your problem or just a bit of corruption that's crept into IE5. I'd try cleaning out Hotbar and anything else in there and maybe upgrading IE to try to get rid of any garbage put in there by your Internet provider (I see you're using one provided by AtHome). Are you using IE v5.0 or v5.5?

Like Zundfolge, I've junked Hotbar since it got way too intrusive. I've now installed an official MS program for skinning IE. Just as good as HB and no intrusiveness at all. :) It's called "Internet Explorer 5 Toolbar Wallpaper". You can get it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/webaccess/tbwlpapr.exe
Done my own skin for it too, which is really easy to do. :)

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Never seen those error msgs before... :eek:
Then again my IE is kinda plain...

It's a wise person who knows the difference between free speech and cheap talk.

techie

Dec 26, 2000
Fixing IE

BTW if you didn't know explorer is the windows program itself, You could try running the IE repair tool if it's IE 5 or 5.5, just go to control panel, then add/remove program's and highlight micrsoft internet explorer and internet tool's and click on add/remove, then you should have three option's, add a component, run the repair tool and return to previous configuration. Now depending on what OS you have. WIN 98 1st edition come's with IE 4.0 and IE 4.0 cannot be reinstalled. To reinstall it you have to reinstall window's. Same with WIN 98 2nd edition, it come's with IE 5.0 and windows has to be reinstalled to reinstall IE. And ME of course has IE 5.5 and it can not be uninstalled only repaired. Now of course you can just upgrade with WIN 98 1st and 2nd but if you had WIN 98 1st edition and upgraded to 5 and then upgraded to 5.5 it grey's out the uninstall feature, clearly stated in the 5.5 upgrade readme.txt, so if you've ran two upgrade's or have ME then, unless you can fix it with the repair tool then it most likely can't be fixed except for format c: :). The obvious would be like everyone else said to uninstall the hotbar, then I would run the repair tool and it is kind enough to tell you if it can be repaired or not. There is also another way to access the repair tool, goto start>programs>accessories>system tools>system information. Then click on tool's and internet explorer repair tool might be there, just personal experience show's me that it is only in here about 20% of the time. Another thing if IE isn't listed in the add/remove program's list the you are screwed, have a nice day all. ;)