help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

liathaneo1228

Mar 13, 2005
im gonna post this is both here and the general forum becuase im desperate for help and alittle annoyed i hope the administrators wont be too annoyed or will at leaste answer my question before blocking me...im trying to play on a 2k4 server titled jolt and they have an unwheel set of maps but whenever i join the game theres a menu that wants me to pick a vehicle or something but theres absolutely no choices...it wont let me close this window or do anything at all...is there omething im doing wrong or is it the server beeing busted? if its the server beeing busted can someone give me a way to close this menu and open up the vote list so i can just change the map untill they fix it?

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
I reckon its the server, but you'd have to wait until either Jerdaygo, Shrimp or Sniperman come on, I'm just a mapper.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
My first question is did you intall UnWheel or did you just download from the server you were joining, if you just downloaded from the server than that is your problem, unwheel cannot be downloaded from a game server and work, if this is not your problem I will have to think some more about the problem, could you also post the ip of this server so I can try joining it myself?
In the mean time if that was not the problem goto our main page and you can join the servers listed on the front page, but you will need to download the new maps and the 2 new vehicles in the downloads section of the site, they are zip files so you will have to put the files in the right folders, click my sig for the url to UnWheels main page.

liathaneo1228

Mar 13, 2005
well thats the problem then ive only downloaded it from the game server...can you possibly link to the revelant downloads i will need for basic functions of the game? im relatively new to the internet and to 2k4 so as ID10T as possible please

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
here is the URL to the downloads page http://unwheel.beyondunreal.com/download.html

you should download the EXE version to make it easier, then all the additonal maps and the racetang, it install the maps you need to put the maps in the maps folder in your UT2004 folder, and you should be able to un zip the racetang straight into the UT2004 folder, the paths are built in. If you have any more problems feel free to post, but most questions like this go in the general forum ;)

here is the URL to the FAQ
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=153012

the second link contains the links to updates to UT2004 that you will need if you do not have the editors choice edition of UT2004

Hope it works smooth for you from here on,
just remember to bind the unwheel custome keys in your UT key config once UnWheel is installed.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
ok, i've been somewhat smart just now, and deleted the all files that have 'semi' and 'suv' in their names from my hard disk, because when i tried to join a server just now, it downloaded the semisuv package and wont let me play because it says like version mismatch or something, so i tried to fix it by deleting those files... now when i join again, the semisuv cannot be chosen, even tho the server has it running...

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
Get the semi-suv from the downloads page
If you download vehicles from a server you wont be able to use them,only see other people using them.

edit: oh wait,its not there,sorry.

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
I cut and pasted this from another forum thread; "Final version( ? ). http://home.mchsi.com/~stevenfhorton/UnWheel_Semi_SUV.zip for non team members, and jerdaygo's server for team members. I still have no idea on the handbrake; I can set it to true or false, it doesn't seem to make a difference:p Again, make sure you put UnWheel_Semi_SUV.ukx in the animation folder; the .utx file in the texture folder,m and the .int, .u and .ucl file in the system folder

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
yeah herein lies the problem... unless this is a different version from the last time i tried to download it, it will still not let me play on that server at all , because of that version mismatch thingot... at least if i leave the suv out, i wont be able to play it but i will still be able to join...

stevenhorton said:
make sure you put UnWheel_Semi_SUV.ukx in the animation folder; the .utx file in the texture folder,m and the .int, .u and .ucl file in the system folder

ahh but that's unecessary... for this is in my ut2004.ini
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../Saves/*.uvx
Paths=../stuff/*.u
Paths=../stuff/*.ut2
Paths=../stuff/*.utx
Paths=../Stuff/*.uax
Paths=../stuff/*.umx
Paths=../stuff/*.usx
Paths=../stuff/*.ukx
Paths=../stuff/*.uvx

now all i have to do is add the .ucl and .int files to the 'stuff' entries... or will that not work?

ok it works, but when i play unwheel right now i get 10 entries in the vehicle selection for the semisuv??? lemme try to fix this... im moving the int and ucl files from the 'stuff' directory into the 'system' directory

okay thats fixed it... and oh, i cant help but stop thinking about easter, so maybe a round or two of Rabbit would be nice... and yeah, i found a way into the outer parts that hotel roamer map... what a nice way to go with updating my video card bios and try to overclock further heh
yeah, if only that hotel map can be made in this kinky way that it looks like players are trapped within this surrounding wall, but the area outside the wall is fully built, as in no missing patches of terrain etc, but obviously it will be less interesting than the main area where the players spawn, but the point where players are supposed to jump over the wall can be marked with like, i dunno, signs of failed jump attempts, like lots of gashes, or cracks, or missing bricks....
now i wanna try reconnecting to that server, lets see if it lets me in
yay it does... all is well again!

Last edited: